lauragrippin
Occasional Contributor

Level 2- Sprint 1- 1.3.6

Hey everyone,

I am hoping someone would be able to provide some clarification for me. I am on lesson 1.3.6 of Sprint 1 for Level 2 and it states that the following items need to be in the saved view. What are the subset line items?

"Include: Code, Parent, and subset line items"

Thank You, Laura

8 REPLIES8
lauragrippin
Occasional Contributor

To be more specific I am referring to lesson 1.3.6.3

fmaestas1994
Occasional Contributor

I'm working on that one right now. I think subset means the "Distribution Center" column.

ashish.banka
SuperContributor

@lauragrippinHere the idea is to have a view created to import details of a list (Code, Parent) and create a Subset List using the system module line item.

Hope this helps.

AB

Niraj.B
Frequent Contributor

I think this is worded slightly confusing. It said ""Include: Code, Parent, and subset line items" . A normal person would select Code , Country (Parent of Location is Country) and get stuck on subset line items.

Thankfully in 1.3.8 video, the video shows Build Location shows columns as Code,Country,Factory? . I am assuming that in an old version of training, the Distribution Centre was called Factory. So based on this, I think we should show Code,Country,Distribution Centre

TimWard70
Regular Contributor

@Niraj.BThe ? at the end of Factory would normally denote a boolean field. Have you created a subset in your list to denote the distribution centre? If so then it will be that boolean you need to select.
CommunityMember126793
Regular Contributor

@lauragrippinif u are trying to understand "Line Item Subset" then u can refer the below documentation:

https://help.anaplan.com/en/10055dec-d4d6-4d45-874e-8a552fe7b297-Line-Item-Subsets

But to simplify for you about the "Line Item Subset", this is a small set (kind of view) of module with required line items and then this "Line Item Subset" can be used as Dimension in any module.

1. Module: Product Sales

2. Created Line Item Subset:

CommunityMember126793_0-1615535807477.pngSelect the required line items from picked Module

3. Line Item Subset with the name "New" is created.

4. This can be used now in new module, if require

CommunityMember126793_1-1615535877319.png

Hope able to clarify!

jadefortunato
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

I am having similar problem, I think. Specifically there are no other columns in this data set. It's just Region and Code. I went back and checked the CSV file and it's the same. Where are you getting the other data? I've followed every step until now, as far as I know.

gkluczyn
New Contributor

Hi All,

same issue here. The training seems to have quite a few bugs e..g line item name typos in flat files. It would be cool if the support could actually access the lesson in question and complete the tasks.