pmorgan
Contributor

2级1.5.8.1创建干腊肠ed View for DAT03 Module - summary method

I'm on Level 2 1.5.8.1 Create Saved View for DAT03 Module, and I have Monthly subtotals in my saved view and I can't see how to get rid of them. Other than that my saved view matches the requirement. Here is the requirement screen shot:

requirement screen shot.png

And here is my screen shot:

my screen shot.png

There is a hint in the activity about which summary method should be used, but i haven't been able to see the solution yet. Can anyone give me a hint on how i can remove the monthly subtotals that i'm showing?

Thanks in advance.

-Paul

13 REPLIES13
JagBrar
New Contributor

I think it might have been some kind of background refresh issue. I was able to resolve the issue by closing the web-browser and signing back into Anaplan to try again, the settings I posted above worked.

einas.ibrahim
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

@JagBrar

I'm glad you resolved the issue. I'd like to clarify something for future reference though
1. There are 2 components in every Summary; Summary over the List dimension and another is Summary over Time Dimention. When you have the summary set to "Sum. Time : NONE" that means 2 things:

1. The line Item (Volume) values will be summed over the Line Item Dimension - which is P3 SKU and Account (if I remember correctly) that's why if you scroll down in the list you will see the Volume values summed at every parent level.
  2. The line item (Volume) values will NOT be summarized over time, That's why the values in the month column do not appear (Same for Quarters, Half years, and Full year)

Sometimes the summary methods are a bit confusing.

Now, let's talk about the filter.
The filter I see on the screenshot you provided basically translates to the following:
Show me only SKU and Account combination where :

1. Volume is not equal to zero
  2. For the Time PeriodFY19

Since we applied the time summary method to NONE then the value in the column FY19 is technically 0 (not there) and that's why no data is returned because there is no record that meets the filter condition provided.

I hope this is helpful, not necessarily for the purpose of the training but for general Anaplan knowledge.:smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Good Luck

Einas
"Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime"
dasstienn
New Contributor

I am having the same issue with the filter. Can you please provide more information on how to solve it?

dasstienn
New Contributor

Ok, I just solved it. I chose another Module (?Has data) and applied the filter there.