DavidSmith
Community Boss

Bulk Copy Action

Hello all

We are refining the functionality for Bulk Copy as an action. We could do with some clarity over how you see this being used, specifically with regard to ALM.

Just a couple of initial points

1. We are not changing the existing functionality of the Bulk Copy action on the versions screen

2. We are going to allow you to create an action on the actions screen where you choose/set

• Name of the action
  • the List on which to perform the copy
  • Source Member
  • Target Member

and then save the action for future use

2. The action will initially only be available for Workspace Admins

the question I have is do you think this would be used for Production lists? - From the requests it seems more targeted at structural lists as part of initialisation/update processes

一如既往,我欢迎任何想法

David

27 REPLIES27
gheiler
Contributor

@rob_marshall

Perfect, thank you for that documentation.

dafinkapancheva
Contributor

Hi@RayZhang,@DelahayeOlivierand@Misbah,

The Bulk Copy Action is still on the roadmap. It had to be pushed back to the second half of the year but it is on its way.

Sarahjayne.Estrada
Certified Master Anaplanner

@Misbah& others,

Any idea when we are going to get this?

I am super pumped about this and it would be very helpful for us.

Misbah

@Sarahjayne.Estrada

Not that I am definite on the timelines but as per@dafinkapanchevait seems to be in second half of this year

Thanks,

Misbah

KirillKuznetsov
Certified Master Anaplanner

Hi@DavidSmith

Thanks for the question. I agree with the others that Production lists will be useful to apply to the functionality. \

I also would consider having a toggle to turn on Production data to this action OR at least ability to choose Source and Target members via list formatted line items in a SYS module.

Cheers,

Kirill

Regards, Kirill Kuznetsov
Advanced, LLC
Ron Baylo
Occasional Contributor

Just tested the new bulk copy action, it appears to be hard pegged to the list member or versions you select when you configure the bulk copy action. Although this is a step forward, it would be very helpful for admin version data control, if there was an "ask each time" option so a user could pick between the source and target for the list/version it is set up for each time the button is clicked.

rob_marshall

@Ron Baylo

Been a long time...So, I agree with you a select or prompt would be nice, but it is going to be very difficult for anyone other than an Admin to run this for the simple fact the user might not have access to all of the hierarchies. For this reason, currently, only Admins can run the action.

Rob

Ron Baylo
Occasional Contributor

Always good to hear from you Rob! Totally agree at this time it has to be an administrator level action, otherwise underlying read and write access would also have to be all sorted out. As an Admin action only... makes for an elegant version management dashboard. Already using paired with snapshot actions on models against a Versions List, big step forward!