HollyRieke
Community Manager

Product Roadmap & Innovation

Tell us a little bit about yourself. How long have you been at Anaplan?

I’ve been at Anaplan for a year and a half. It has been a blur, but I also feel like I’ve been here for a lot longer. Everyone at Anaplan feels this way!

告诉我你的旅程。哪个领域s have you worked in?

I came into Anaplan to lead the Product Management, UX and Technology partnership teams. During the first half of 2017, we decided to re-emphasize our focus on LOBs and build out our expertise in Finance, Sales, and Supply Chain. As part of that re-organization, the LOB team, which includes product marketing, platform product marketing, and strategic pricing, also moved under product. It has been an amazing journey and it is truly humbling to be part of a fantastic team.

What is your area of expertise and why?

I like the challenge of product strategy, product management and bringing a great experience to users. I believe my strength is the combination of technical understanding combined with customer management and product understanding.

Favorite thing about Anaplan?

The product, of course! And the amazing, talented people I work with every day.

One fun fact about you?

We have a plum tree in our backyard, so I started experimenting with making small batches of plum wine. One of our friends took a bottle to a local home-made wine tasting and got placed. So technically I am a maker of award-winning plum wine!

Note:The live Q&A session is now closed.

20 REPLIES20
HollyRieke
Community Manager

Post your questions for Sampath, beginning Monday! As a reminder, you can post questions Monday through Wednesday, and responses will be provided via video and posted to the Community.

HollyRieke
Community Manager

The Product Roadmap and Innovation topic is open for questions! Post your questions for Sampath today through Wednesday of this week.

ablack
Certified Master Anaplanner

A few questions:

• Are there plans to enhance Anaplan's API (examples bulleted)?
    • Access to line item architecture
    • Add/Edit/Clear lists/modules
    • User Access Management
  • Will there ever be the option to have links to Anaplan that open specific dashboards or execute processes?
  • Are there plans to add a process scheduling tool?
  • When are workflows planned for release?
Tiffany.Rice

我真的很喜欢与它的时间范围的功能llows for great flexibility in the modules. Is there any plan to enable time ranges at the quarter level? We have some specific use cases where we are modeling periods that do not align with our fiscal year.

fabien.junod

Hello Sampath,

Are there plans to shorten the error processing when entering a wrong formula?

Or is it Anaplan's way of reprimanding bad formulas: "Stare at the screen for the next 3 to 5 minutes and think about what you just did...and don't do it again"

I have to say, it is pretty effective.

DonSrini
Group Leader - Employee

Do we have a process to step through each step of a Formula to

1. trouble shoot/debug

2. To check performance impact of a step in a formula

3. Comment out a section of a formula temporarily

Please advise if you need further clarification of this request.

Srini

Fwolf

Hi Sampath -

Could you share some details around how the product roadmap gets put together? In particular how does the team decide which enhancements and features will be prioritized for each release in Anaplan? Whats the best way for customers to provide enhancement requests? How can customers who are interested get more involved to provide feedback to the product team?

Thanks!

Frankie

HollyRieke
Community Manager

AMA Day #2 is underway. Be sure to check out Sampath's 'Fun Fact' today in the updated Bio section, found here at the top of the page! Then, check out the questions posted so far, vote for the ones you like, or add your own. Ask Sampath Anything!

fabien.junod

Hello Sampath,

It would be great to be able to format line items as versions. Is that a feature coming in the near future?

Thanks