Hollyrieke
社区Manager

Partner Perspective With Chris Weiss

我们很高兴欢迎克里斯·魏斯(Chris Weiss)参加这次问我任何事情!克里斯是一个Lead Solution Architect, Sales Strategy & Planning at Anaplan Partner, Accenture.

您成为Anaplan合作伙伴多久了?

I’ve been working with Anaplan since early 2016.

Tell me about your journey thus far. What did you do prior to being an Anaplan partner? How has that shaped your current role?

加入Anaplan生态系统之前我是一个销售force consultant and solution architect specializing in the Customer Relationship Management space (Sales Cloud). In my work on CRM implementations, there was a clear disconnect between Front End Sales departments and Sales Operations planning departments. Our technology solutions in Salesforce always empowered Front End Sales, but did little to assist Sales Operations groups with their planning and enablement functions. Our practice at Accenture focuses on bridging that gap between Sales and Sales Operations, and by far the best technology enabler we’ve found that provides the systems needed to empower this connection is Anaplan.

您如何在典型的一天与Anaplan和客户互动?

典型的一天可能从研讨会开始,以了解公司当前的州业务流程并定义优化的未来国家工作流程。Then I might head to a side-by-side build session, which is a joint working session between our Accenture build time and the customer’s model builders, where we discuss business processes, high-level solution approaches, and assign build tasks to anybody in the room while providing guidance on configuration leading practices. Then I might take some time to myself to design any of the more complex Anaplan functionalities, including documenting the design and sending it to our build team. Then I would likely test and validate any of the previous work of our build team to ensure the functionality meets the need of the customer’s business process, and follow that up with a demo of the functionality back to the client to collect feedback and continuously improve the solution (and on a good day, might get sign-off on a completed dashboard, which means we get to celebrate that evening!).

What is your area of expertise?

My area of expertise is in Sales and Sales Operations business functions, ranging from optimizing business processes to providing technology enablers. I always enjoy helping the community around questions on how Anaplan can enable Sales functions and planning, as well as technology best practices. I also spend a decent amount of time focusing on expanding our internal Anaplan capability, so more than happy to discuss ways to stand up and build an Anaplan function or COE within an organization.

与Anaplan合作最喜欢的事情?

That it puts the power of technology and advanced planning in the hands of the business. Anaplan enables flexible scalable solutions that can be fully owned by Sales Operations, no need for IT involvement or developer/coding skills, which unlocks the full potential and creativity of Sales Operations (and the ability to follow the whims of sales organizations in general), all built on top of the stability and governance of an enterprise platform that can integrate to the rest of their enterprise platforms, often for the first time in a sales organization’s history.

关于你的一个有趣的事实?

我有两个微型的长发腊肠犬,名为Penny and Olive,即使他们只有8磅的人,每个人都有巨大的个性,并且喜欢在中央公园的长途散步。

笔记:现场问答环节现已关闭。

30REPLIES30
Hollyrieke
社区Manager

Remember to join us on Monday for the next AMA! Post your questions here throughout the week for our first partner and Master Anaplanner host, Chris Weiss. Not sure what to ask? Here's a few ideas to get you started:
- 建筑挑战和机遇
- Exploring the Partner role in a customer's connected planning journey
- Partner perspective - What's it like to be an Anaplan Partner
- Partner career benefits of being a Master Anaplanner
Hollyrieke
社区Manager

The AMA is now open — Post your questions here any time this week, or chat live in the forum with Chris on Friday.
fabien.junod
认证的Anaplanner大师

Hello Chris,

Can you tell us if, how and when do you use the ALM functionality? Do you use it for every model you build? And, in your opinion, what are the pros and cons of using it.

Thanks

克里斯威斯
社区Manager

你好@fabien.junod,感谢您的问题。

我们在所有实现过程中都使用ALM功能,这确实使整个SDLC更加顺畅。当我们完成构建冲刺并允许业务/测试团队验证时,我们使用ALM部署到测试模型(以部署模式)。这使我们到1)将大数据量放在我们的开发环境中,以使我们的构建团队在遇到错误时不会放慢速度; 2)继续开发新功能,而不会影响上一个Sprint的测试。然后,我们使用ALM将Go Live的生产环境部署到生产环境中,同时仍在不影响最终用户的情况下进行任何增强或在开发环境中构建未来功能。

Overall, I’d say we start using ALM once we finish the first sprint or two and testing begins, and from there on out we’re probably using ALM to synchronize models almost daily throughout the rest of the implementation.

希望有帮助,谢谢!

-Chris Weiss
anne_cooper
偶尔的贡献者

Chris-

Thanks for participating and offering your unique insight!

我的问题如下:与客户合作时,如何定义合作伙伴和Anaplan之间的关系?我们如何确保客户在不同的工作团队和公司中取亚搏彩票手机版免费下载得成功?

Thanks

安妮

克里斯威斯
社区Manager

你好@anne_cooper,感谢您加入我们。

我们绝对重视实施合作伙伴Anaplan和客户产品所有者之间的牢固关系。我看到的方式是,关系发生了变化,并且是由客户在Anaplan旅程中的位置定义的。前期,当客户首次购买许可证或开始实施新的功能时,实施合作伙伴是关键,并且对人员,过程和技术方面的大部分繁重。我们生活和呼吸客户的业务流程,并帮助他们朝着更美好的未来状态发展,这使得这是一个现实。相比之下,Anaplan的客户成功组在一开始就不太动手,但始终参与旅亚搏彩票手机版免费下载程,并且与客户拥有长期的关系。实施完成并离开合作伙伴后很长时间,Anaplan将永远在那里为客户提供。

因此,我们作为这种关系的合作伙伴的工作是确保Anaplan充分了解我们对客户的了解,他们了解未来的未来状态以及客户期望Anaplan将来的任何地方,并且我们有完整的知识转移我们向Anaplan建造的东西,以便他们完全有权在平台内拥有客户的长期成功。亚搏彩票手机版免费下载Anaplan的客户成功拥有客户旅程的亚搏彩票手机版免费下载漫长尾声,我们作为合作伙伴的工作是在此过程的早期,在我们的强烈参与中过渡读者的消化版本,以确保随着我们的结束而确保无缝过渡。We ensure success by making sure this isn’t a one-time KT dump, but instead that everybody has a seat at the table and that Anaplan is involved every step of the way (though obviously not nearly as intensely or in the weeds during the implementation phase).

Hope that helps, happy to provide more details, this is one of the most important elements of customer success through their Anaplan journey so thanks for bringing it up!

-Chris Weiss
Evan.Townson
认证的Anaplanner大师

你好Chris,

Thanks for taking your time to answer some questions! My question is related to developing a daily switchover. Do you have any best practice tips for building this functionality into a model? Is there a way to bring current day into the model without having to do a manually update?

问候,

Evan

克里斯威斯
社区Manager

你好@evan.townson, always appreciate a good “Best Practices” question!

我将您的问题一分为二。首先,我将首先将“今天”带入模型。我们通常需要实现某种方式来指示当前一天,因此我们将在全球设置模块中放置一个订单项(没有相交的尺寸),该模块只是一个由用户输入的,日期为日期的订单项。然后,我们将使用当前日期每天将其进口到该行项目的任何集成策略。There are lots of articles on the community about how to build or use something like this, I’ll try to find links later, but you can do anything from Anaplan Connect pointed to a one-cell Excel spreadsheet with the TODAY() function all the way to using Anaplan Hyperconnect to keep this line item updated. Or of course you can have somebody update it manually daily, but I wouldn’t recommend that as a long term enterprise-grade solution.

关于每日切换,您可以绝对可以自动化到版本的导入过程,因此您只需要一个源模块,然后根据您的今天的订单项将导入到映射到切换日期的版本。您可以将此导入包括在整合策略中,该策略也为您设置了您的今日订单项。

But one word of caution, this can have huge impacts on your model (as I’m sure you know better than me), so for anybody else reading this I really wouldn’t recommend automating this process until you have a very mature Anaplan model strategy in place. Overall this should really be an edge case and most Anaplan customers probably don’t need to go this route, I would recommend taking a good look at requirements and alternative options before going down this path.

如果这里尚不清楚,或者您已经独自一人,希望我将其提升到一个新的水平,那么很高兴提供更多的技术细节,如果您已经走了很远的地方,绝对乐于提供帮助!

-Chris Weiss
mikestaib
新贡献者

你好Chris,

快速跟进此。

如果我处于部署模式,我是否可以将导入到切换版本中?有人告诉我这是结构性数据,需要来自开发人员。实际上,我正在寻找一个RFE来解决它,因为我认为如果是一个公式,那么一个月,但是它会像prod数据一样更好,更不用说它可以抛弃我的开发人员。

Best,

麦克风