ankitaga2000
Frequent Contributor

2.3.11.3 Create Line Chart Saved View

Hi , I am very confused on Level 2 Sprint 2 module.

ankitaga2000_0-1615607442557.png

Here in the above screenshot we are just creating the formula for Growth Rate% , rest everything remains zero.

But then next steps we are asked to create saved views based on Baseline forecast and Initial demand forecast. (Global Assumptions Grid UX)

ankitaga2000_1-1615607587601.png

Am I missing something ?

The Line chart view is also based on this

ankitaga2000_2-1615607657880.png

Please help

Regards,

Ankita

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

接受的解决方案
JaredDolich

@ankitaga2000

No worries. You'll be building that soon - you've got a head start. You got this!

Jared Dolich

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES7
JaredDolich

@ankitaga2000

Great callout. DEM03 is a really important module. Let's take a look at the baseline forecast:

The correct formula is:IF 'SYS01 Time Settings By Week'.'1st Forecast Year?' THEN 'DAT03 Historic Volumes'.'Offset Volumes for 1st Forecast Year' ELSE OFFSET(Default Forecast, -52, 0)

Let's break that down:

First, we need to determine what time period we're currently on. Secondly, If it's the 1st forecast year we should grab the history and "seed" the future with historical data. If it's the second forecast year or beyond, we should just look back 52 periods. This essentially seeds the 2+ years with the same forecast.

The growth rate you've already determined in DEM02. The hint there is to use SYS08 to do the LOOKUP.

Hope that helps. You've got this!

Jared Dolich
ankitaga2000
Frequent Contributor

I didn’t understand the formula so well. I will try again .

also what about default forecast and initial demand forecast formulas.
I got the formula for growth rate .

JaredDolich

@ankitaga2000

Great question.

• Default Forecast = Baseline Forecast * (1 + Growth Rate %)
  • Initial Demand = ROUND(Default Forecast, 0, UP)

Breakdown:

• Default forecast takes the baseline and gives it a percentage increase. The growth rate you already calculated so it's just a matter of continuing the calculation with the line items you already have.
  • Initial demand uses a new function called ROUND that takes three inputs: The line item you want to round, how many decimals, and the type of rounding, in this case round up.

Jared Dolich
ankitaga2000
Frequent Contributor

Thanks a lot for helping me out . But one big question which activity it is telling us to create these formulas. Only growth rate formula was told .

JaredDolich

@ankitaga2000

No worries. You'll be building that soon - you've got a head start. You got this!

Jared Dolich
ankitaga2000
Frequent Contributor

Thank you
NISHI
Occasional Contributor

Hi

I am struggling to find out the formulas for

• Final Forecast
  • Forecast CF

Please help me to find out

Thanks