AaronW
Community Manager

Anaplan Talent Builder: Graduate Check-In

Happy Monday, everyone! Today I've got a question for the members of this group who have completed their Anaplan model builder trainings:where has your journey taken you since then?Share an update on how you've been able to utilize your new skills and experience in your career!

compass.png

Have you changed jobs or found a new role? Has your network grown? Has it changed your confidence in any areas? Have you been able to apply something that you learned in unexpected ways?

No update is too big or too small, so please don't be shy. Looking forward to reading some exciting and encouraging stories!

11 REPLIES11
RemRemRem
Occasional Contributor

No career movement yet, still looking! Most of my hands-on experience would be in the Process and Data quadrants of the Anaplan Way - My hope is to get more experience with the Model and Deployment sectors in whatever my next consulting role may be.

In the meantime, I'm continuing to skill build by working with a group of former colleagues/friends, each at varying levels in the training cycle, by creating a faux project that we map out as if it were a client job - we've been developing the "customer" and mock use cases (even in a fake company, it took a lot to narrow down the requirements to the Minimum Viable Product list!), and are now working on our UX modeling and building out system tables. It really helps solidify some of the concepts learned in the Academy coursework.

-Rachel Morris

AaronW
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing, Rachel! It's great to hear that you're still moving ahead with your skill building and solidifying those concepts. You may be interested in joining theAvailable Talent boardin the Community. When you do land that next role, be sure to post in the Group and let everyone know!

RemRemRem
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, Aaron - I thought I had, but apparently not. Rectified!

-Rachel

JaredDolich

@RemRemRem

In addition to@AaronWsuggestion, you might also consider subscribing to the LinkedIn hashtag #Anaplan. Seems like there are 5-10 opportunities each week.

Jared Dolich
RemRemRem
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, Jared - as soon as I can figure out how to subscribe to a hashtag instead of just being able to search for it, I'm in! ...Google FTW...got it!

harshakonindala
Occasional Contributor

Project Kick off began and not sure, if I could grab the opportunity to be part of the build team. As it is early, right now focusing on (migrating on long phase) data feed from SAP to Anaplan. Hope all the learning on Anaplan community will get an opportunity to use!

Thank you

AaronW
Community Manager

听起来你是一个好的开始。祝你好运on the data migration; looking forward to hearing how you're able to apply Community knowledge to the project!

JaredDolich

@harshakonindala

There are some amazing data integration articles on the Community. Have you decided what tools you'll be using to integrate SAP to Anaplan? Coincidentally, I just met with a customer that is trying to convert SAP reports to GAAP friendly reports. Great mapping and transformation exercise in Anaplan! Would love to learn more about your use case. Good luck!

Jared Dolich
SudhirY
Contributor

We got an opportunity to take up an internal project, working on a prototype model by stretching the skills learned so far, completed around 25% of the scope. Thanks to the community members and also for providing the platform.