Dynamic Cells Calculation (DCC)

This feature would allow to selectively switch between "Calculation" or "Manual Input" on a specific LineItem.

Much like the DCA, the DCC would be based on a boolean. When True, the formula would apply but when False the user would be allowed to type data.

This would allow to make Anaplan much more dynamic and greatly limit the number of actions in most models.

For example, in the same LineItem "Revenue" could be based on :

• a transactional actual data before a switchover,
  • manually type for the current year,
  • and calculated based on a kpi in the futur.

22 Comments
Farooqkamal1
Occasional Contributor

This would be a great addition. At this moment, we are limited to choose between a formula line item or a editable line item.

Axel_H
Contributor

I came up with a similar idea about 1.5 y ago but did not get much traction:

https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Idea-Exchange/Formula-Access-Driver/idi-p/46670

Would be a great addition to the roadmap!

damien.bouquier
Certified Master Anaplanner

@Axel_H

Yes, sorry for the repost, it's exactly the same idea:slightly_smiling_face:

Axel_H
Contributor

@damien.bouquiergreat minds think alike !:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Anilkumarch

Great Idea....it helps to get rid of creating duplicate line items in use cases like where we need to override the caluclated value.

tabendroth
Contributor

The possibilities this would introduce to modelling would be mindblowing and I can think of a thing or two (workarounds) in nearly every model I ever built which could be replaced.

thutten

I support this idea whole hartedly.

有几个模型,w能来吗ould have saved quite some cells and improved User Experience

rolympia
Contributor

I like this idea.

One case this applies to is the override functionality for numeric data, which currently involves 1) an override? boolean that users will check and 2) the override value. The boolean is still present, but it moves to the back-end, possibly with less dimensionality. And I don't want us to underestimate the user experience. The very fact that a user clicks on the cell is enough to show intent to want to override. No need to separately tick a boolean AND input an override number.

And this is just one case. There are many many others.

Sukh_Sandhu
Contributor

This would be very helpful.

wwood
Occasional Contributor

Another vote for this functionality

mtlumanog

Great idea. This will be more flexible than the formula scope feature.

LinyangSR

Looking forward to this function.@jimfeng5

pintusharma
New Contributor

Much needed step to get rid of addtional line items.

jimfeng5

+1 upvote. Definitely a much needed function to have for additional flexibility and cleaness in module building.

alexpavel

I think it would be really challenging for the Anaplan calculation engine to evaluate every cell if it is a "Manual Input" or "Calculation", but an extension to the "Formula Scope" to cross with other Lists than Versions in order to create some slice&dice of a module be considered as "Input" or as "Calculation" for the same Line-item it would be really useful.

Looking forward to it!

Alex

michael.jones
Occasional Contributor

是的,将会非常有用。这确实存在rival product with the STET function. Eg IF something THEN calculate something ELSE STET. Where STET allows the cell to receive a manaul entry.

nikolay_denisov

Quite interesting request,

But imagine that it could be quite complicated where it is calculated and where it is input.

Same as analyzing Excel spreadsheet...

david.savarin
SuperContributor

Yes, much more versatile than formula version or scope, which is quite difficult to handle and present a few notable limitation due to the need to use lis for version formulas.

PhilippErkinger

This would be a huge game changer to any planning use case!!

MCarls02

Great idea! This would really help conserve screen real-estate - not having to create both an input and calculation line.

Philippe
Contributor

@damien.bouquierI completely agrre. Would be very useful

Needanswers
Occasional Contributor

pls implement this:loudly_crying_face: