MarkTurkenburg
Community Boss

Sort Not Working

Hi Team,

I'm trying to sort a List Subset but the values are appearing to what seems to be in random order

The hierarchy has been removed & I'm struggling to understand what would be driving this

I saw previously there was a bug regarding sorting on list sub-sets but it was stated as fixed

IMG 1.PNG

IMG2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

接受的解决方案
jasonblinn
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

@MarkTurkenburg- I don't know if this will work or not, but whenever this happens to me, I click the remove sort button in the bottom right corner of your screenshot and then try to re-apply the sort after that. Not sure if that will solve your issues or not, but it usually works for me.

Jason

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES5
jasonblinn
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

@MarkTurkenburg- I don't know if this will work or not, but whenever this happens to me, I click the remove sort button in the bottom right corner of your screenshot and then try to re-apply the sort after that. Not sure if that will solve your issues or not, but it usually works for me.

Jason

MarkTurkenburg
Community Boss

Thanks@jasonblinn- I think your response would work in most situations

FYI for everyone: The reason for the sorting issue seems to be because the Line Item was a subsidiary view. I created a replica line item in another module with the same dimensionality & referenced the original data and was able to sort

anirudh
Community Boss

Hi Mark,

Not sure exactly what issue you're facing, but have you considered using the new Order List action?

https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Anaplan-Platform/Ordered-List-Action-and-How-to-Use-and-How-to-Orde...

Jared's article explains how you can sort subsets as well

Regards,
Anirudh
MarkTurkenburg
Community Boss

Thanks@anirudhbut this seems like overkill for what should be very simple piece of functionality. This would change the list order while I am merely wanting to sort values within a module

ashish.banka
SuperContributor

@MarkTurkenburgI would prefer to use Order List functionality as suggested by@anirudhThat the great way to manage List's Order.

AB