Kanishq17
Community Boss

List Index

Hi Community ,

Wanted to ask if anyone encountered a case of list index exceeding limit of 1 billion for a numbered list which lead to items not adding to the list due to that and what is the workaround for it

Kanishq17_0-1621607865053.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

接受了所以lutions
Misbah

@Kanishq17

1 billion mark is not only for Numbered list - that holds true for General List as well.

Having said that, Right now you are at 5.25 million which means if you are deleting the list and then reloading it all over again on a daily basis it will reach 1 billion in around 200 days. You should NEVER delete the list and reload it, there are other ways to deal with it if there is a need to wipe out the data.

Solution: Once you are close to the billion mark RESET button next to "Item Index" gets activated. You can use that to force Anaplan to reset the numbering.

Misbah

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES8
abhay.kanik
SuperContributor

@Kanishq17

Index is just an ID for the items in numbered list, the items in list should not exceed a billion. Only case where I can see this limit is getting reached is uploading a lots of transactional data. I recommend to delete old data which might be not required. or else there is only option to create another list.

In short - Don't worry about index, keep number of item in list less than a billion

Thanks

Abhay

Kanishq17
Community Boss

@abhay.kanik

Tried that but new items are added in numbered list from the next index even if items are deleted

abhay.kanik
SuperContributor

@Kanishq17

Index number can go more than a billion, The numbers of items i.e. Item count should be less than a billion.

Misbah

@Kanishq17

1 billion mark is not only for Numbered list - that holds true for General List as well.

Having said that, Right now you are at 5.25 million which means if you are deleting the list and then reloading it all over again on a daily basis it will reach 1 billion in around 200 days. You should NEVER delete the list and reload it, there are other ways to deal with it if there is a need to wipe out the data.

Solution: Once you are close to the billion mark RESET button next to "Item Index" gets activated. You can use that to force Anaplan to reset the numbering.

Misbah

Kanishq17
Community Boss

Thanks Misbah for this
laylasuch
New Contributor

Hi Misbah,

Your answer was really helpful, I was facing the same issue. Could you please explain or redirect me to a page where I can find the correct way of dealingif there is a need to wipe out the data and reload it?

Thank you very much!

Layla

Misbah

@laylasuch

I am not sure if there is a dedicated page for that but what you can do is to

1. Create a line item formatted as No Data . Let's name it as NDL

2. Import NDL into the line/module for which you want to wipe out the data

3. Do it for all the other modules where you want to wipe out the data.

4. Create a process and for all these imports

This process will make sure that the data gets wiped out without deleting the list items

Misbah

laylasuch
New Contributor

Thanks!