LStinsa
Frequent Contributor

Level 2 Sprint 2 DEM03 line chart saved view

I am trying to create a saved view in DEM03. I have pivoted and filtered the data, but when I try to show only the Baseline and Initial Demand Forecast I get this error. I get the error when I select a row.

LStinsa_0-1615658375573.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

接受ed Solutions
LStinsa
Frequent Contributor

@DaanishSoomar

@JaredDolich

Good Call! I switched to Google Chrome and I no longer get the error. I was on Safari and didn't have any issues until that activity. I would select the line I wanted to show, then I wold press the command key in order to select another line and the error would show up. Not sure why, but switching browsers worked!

Thank you for your help!

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES16
DaanishSoomar
Certified Master Anaplanner

Hello@LStinsa,

This is an interesting error message.

Happy to help look into this. Can you please provide some information to help us narrow down the issue?

1) Are you able to provide a screenshot of the blueprint view?

2) Additionally are you able to provide a screenshot of the pivot?

3) Can you capture a recording of the issue? Maybe capturing the clicks you are doing to see what triggers the error?

JaredDolich

@DaanishSoomar@LStinsa

That is a strange error message. I've never seen that before. I know Anaplan is doing maintenance today, wondering if this is related.

@DaanishSoomarquestions are excellent@LStinsa. If you could send us more information about the steps you took perhaps we can replicate the issue and get you to the finish line.

Jared Dolich
DaanishSoomar

Thanks@JaredDolich!

Yes I have never seen this error message before either. It would be odd if the issue is related to maintanence (since that just kicked off at 1:00pm PST).

Hoping the troubleshooting questions above can help narrow down the issue to the root cause. Indeed, once we get a response, it'll be interesting to see if either of us can replicate! And more importantly, see if we have a solution.

LStinsa
Frequent Contributor

@DaanishSoomar

Thank you for your help. I thought I was having issues as a result of the system updates, but I got the same error message this morning. I am on a MacBook and when press down on the command button to select either the baseline or initial demand forecast lines, I receive the error. I guess its could be because I am on a MacBook, but I have done that same action many times during the training and it's worked.

Blueprint views:

LStinsa_0-1615726205724.png

LStinsa_1-1615726230611.png

LStinsa_2-1615726280433.png

主:

LStinsa_3-1615726469394.png

DaanishSoomar

Hi@LStinsa,

Interesting. So just to clarify pressing the command and pressing down on the keyboard triggers that error for you?

May I ask which browser you are using? Do you have the ability to try a different browser?

DaanishSoomar

Also@JaredDolich- which system are you on? I unfortunately am on a Windows device so I may not be able to replicate.

JaredDolich

@DaanishSoomar@LStinsa

I'm using Chrome on Windows and I can't replicate the error. I tried putting all the lists in columns then in rows. Clicked on a bunch of rows and columns and it worked fine.

@LStinsaCan you show us the configuration of the saved view that you tried to create? I'd like to give this one more shot before I recommend a support ticket.support@anaplan.com

Jared Dolich
DaanishSoomar

@JaredDolich- sounds like a great plan!

LStinsa
Frequent Contributor

@DaanishSoomar

@JaredDolich

Good Call! I switched to Google Chrome and I no longer get the error. I was on Safari and didn't have any issues until that activity. I would select the line I wanted to show, then I wold press the command key in order to select another line and the error would show up. Not sure why, but switching browsers worked!

Thank you for your help!