karanAMP
Contributor

Experience with Cloudworks model to model integrations

Hi All

I have noticed below with cloud works model to model integrations so far . Unsure if anyone else have noticed these as well

1. 设置集成页面刷新时是缓慢的and hangs
  2. 当手动启动集成时,我会收到消息无法随机启动集成,并且尝试了几个时间之后,它有效
  3. integration runs very slowly i.e. these are queued sometimes for 10 - 20 minutes
  4. integrations takes 10 20 times more to execute .i.e if i kick a process in anaplan which takes let say a minute in cloud works it can take upto 10 or 20 minute even though it is as simple as uploading a list

EDIT

1. we had a test model where we were testing cloudworks integartions . We then archived the model however cloud works were still running in the background for some reasons . Cloud works tried looking for the model and consumed all the memory which brought down theentire workspace down. Users were unable to log in . So we had to disable cloud works integrations for that model manually .

Hope this helps someone

So far its been bit underwhelming for us . Has anyone experienced similar issues ?

22个答复22
andrewtye
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

@DibB: well this is odd, in my model the process is running fine and in history I can see all the impacted list items and module inputs, etc. however in my colleagues model whilst I can see that the actions have been run there isn't the detail behind it even though there are items impacted by the process and when it's run manually the changes flow through in the way you'd expect them to

DibB
Occasional Contributor

@andrewtyeWe might have to investigate this scenario. Can you please have a support ticket created?

Also, you might want to check out the Common Errors and Solutions section in Anapediahttps://help.anaplan.com/f6f94935-6f97-4530-91fb-19ddc06a746c-Common-errors-and-solutions

e.g. Is this an Export that involves Selective Access?

andrewtye

@DibB- it isn't an export. Will get a ticket raised up today. We even deleted the old integration and recreated it in Cloudworks to see if that might help. Is a relatively straightforward import into a list from another list and then delete those items from the second one. The one that does work has about 10 steps in it and works perfectly!

rob_marshall

@andrewtye

Why are doing an import from a list and not view and then doing a delete? You should have known I was going to pounce on that! HA!

Rob

andrewtye

Lolz!

Of course it's not a list to a list... guess that's what happens when you've not had the appropriate amount of tea/coffee in the morning and the words go down on the page incorrectly.

Or was it a massive trap for you?:face_with_tears_of_joy:

Khanna
Contributor

Hi@karanAMP

从AWS集成的角度来看,CloudWorks更加成熟,并且在早期阶段的另一个集成中扩展将很快变得更加成熟。
I did notice the slowness for sure; a simple import action from data hub to spoke model takes less than a minute (tried two methods - using Informatica cloud and manual run from spoke model).

云工程首次花了8分钟,第二次花了7分钟,不确定如何为云工程分配资源。亚搏娱乐电子

Scheduling is another good feature that will grow more from here.

Khanna_0-1628175257221.jpeg

Khanna
VarunS
新贡献者

This is being actively investigated. Thanks for your feedback.
ashish.banka
SuperContributor

@karanAMPFor me, Cloudworks is already a game changer. One of the processes which we were running using an external vender Anaplan connector used to take more than 10X time than the Cloudworks integration and I do agree with@andrewtyethat we would be scheduling these jobs off-peak hours, I guess we would be fine with some lag but definitely not 20X.

AB

DibB
Occasional Contributor

@karanCan you please create a support ticket? Your issue sounds similar to something we are currently investigation but we would like to be doubly sure. Thank you for your patience!

karanAMP
Contributor

@DibBwe found another quirk with cloudworks and it has been raised with anaplan .

用例: - 我们有一个测试模型,我们正在测试CloudWorks整数。然后,我们将模型算起,但是由于某些原因,云工程仍在背部中运行。CloudWorks尝试寻找模型,并消耗了所有的内存entire workspace down. users were unable to log in

因此,我们必须手动禁用该模型的云作品集成。

Hope this helps someone