karanAMP
Contributor

Experience with Cloudworks model to model integrations

Hi All

I have noticed below with cloud works model to model integrations so far . Unsure if anyone else have noticed these as well

1. when setting up integrations page refresh is slow and hangs
  2. when manually starting integrations i get message failed to start integrations randomly and after trying couple of time it works
  3. integration runs very slowly i.e. these are queued sometimes for 10 - 20 minutes
  4. integrations takes 10 20 times more to execute .i.e if i kick a process in anaplan which takes let say a minute in cloud works it can take upto 10 or 20 minute even though it is as simple as uploading a list

EDIT

1. we had a test model where we were testing cloudworks integartions . We then archived the model however cloud works were still running in the background for some reasons . Cloud works tried looking for the model and consumed all the memory which brought down theentire workspace down. Users were unable to log in . So we had to disable cloud works integrations for that model manually .

Hope this helps someone

So far its been bit underwhelming for us . Has anyone experienced similar issues ?

22 REPLIES22
Misbah

@karanAMP

No, it is slow but it is not 20 times slower. I would say raise a ticket with Anaplan support

andrewtye
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

I would also think that these are jobs that are going to be run "outside of hours" so if your data goes into datahub at XX:xx time then you can use Anaplan to run imports afterwards particularly if it impacts a collection of models.

Or you just want to run something without needing to load up the model!

karanAMP
Contributor

@Misbahyes it can be 20 min slower here is a screenshot to prove it

karanAMP_0-1628168959452.png

same process ran twice (it has only action in it which brings in 1 list with less than 20 items in it ) model fully loaded as well

20 min duration and 10min duration

andrewtye

We had the issue where the actions would work on a non-deployed model but not on a deployed one... which is frustrating. It could be a real game changer as would reduce our dependency on external scheduling to move information about our environments.

不确定是否让消失了——我还没有been too close to it.

karanAMP
Contributor

@andrewtyeI haven't tried this in deployed mode yet . I will try and post it here

In my case models where loaded and ready both source and target

I agree this could be a real game changer however currently it seems like there are issue with this version of cloudworks . Atleast i am facing it

DibB
Occasional Contributor

@andrewtyeThis sounds like a known issue that we plan to address in our release next month. In order to be sure, you might consider opening a support ticket with the specific details. Thank you for your patience!

andrewtye

Ah yes... it might've been our ticket that raised it. I'll keep an out for that and let the team member now.

DibB
Occasional Contributor

@andrewtyeWe have put in a fix to address the issue. Can you please confirm that the issue has been resolved at your end?

andrewtye

@DibB- Woohoo! I've run a couple of items and it all appears to be working in the background all ok, am just getting another team member to run a slightly different process in another model just to be doubly sure. But so far, so good!

Have some virtual cake.

andrewtye_2-1631611120145.jpeg