CommunityMember82499
Occasional Contributor

Dynamic Display of Time Periods

Hi Experts,

I have multiple dashboards, But I am taking only 2 dashboards as examples here.

1. Admin dashboard 2. Other dashboard.

We have current date set up module published in Admin dashboard (please find the below screenshot for reference),

Current Date Set-up.PNG

当用户使用to setup the current date in admin dashboard, the same date should get reflected to my 2nd dashboard(other dashboard),I am also attaching the screenshot of second dashboard below.
now it is showing 2019, but I am trying to change it to 2018 or 2020 I am not seeing any changes in my 2nd dashboard,
For Example: In above screenshot the current date set up year is selected as 2019, but I am trying to change it to 2020, it should show the same 2020 in my 2nd dashboard(other) but which is not updating in my 2nd dashboard and showing the same old result.

so automatically the results should reflect in the below for company quota (before adjustments), Quota Adjustment% and Company Quota (after adjustments) to Q1,Q2,Q3, Q4 & FY other dashboard.

Other Dashboard.PNG.

Kindly help me how can I achieve this issue.

Thanks in Advance...

问候

SK

25 REPLIES25
DavidSmith
Community Boss

Sure

Really simple

2019-04-01_10-44-10.png

Only dimensioned by time and this is why you are getting the error:

You are going from a module with Dummy Entry in and Anaplan doesn't know what to do with it!

Without a top level you have to use something (SUM, LOOKUP, SELECT) to map it.

我们可以添加虚拟进入这一目标模块e, but then you are transferring the issue to the filter; as you will have to decide which "Dummy Entry" item to use

CommunityMember82499
Occasional Contributor

Hi Davis,

Now, I am trying to create the new module (Current Date), could you please help me with what dimensions should I take to create the new source module and guide me with step by step process with screenshots.

Thanks

Sasikanth

DavidSmith
Community Boss

If you are creating a new module, there are no dimensions, just Current Date and Year line items

2019-04-01_10-57-35.png

David

CommunityMember82499
Occasional Contributor

Hi David,

What are all the fields should i select for the "Applies to", Time Scale & Time Range to the below screenshot?

ds1.PNG

As I told I have created the 2 modules, 1. Current Date Input(Source Module), 2. Time setting Module with the new line item called: Date Choice? please find the below screenshot for the same.

ds2.PNG

I have published the new current date input selected line item to admin dashboard. and trying to select the 2019 data the other dashboard looks fine. see the below screenshot.

ds5.PNG

But whereas, I am truing to select the 2018 or 2020 data, I could able to see the same as like 2019 in the other dashboard, see the below screenshot for reference.

ds6.PNG

ds7.PNG

Result is showing like this when I was trying to select 2018 in my current date in admin dashboard. no quarters are visible here.

ds8.PNG

DavidSmith
Community Boss

for your first question, there are no applies to or time settings, the input module is just line items

In terms of your filter, one the face of it, it looks OK

Just be careful with Fiscal years - Check the YEAR in your first module is returning 2018

Also, when you change the date, check in your Time Setting module that the booleans are correct that is where is it likely to be going wrong

If it still doesn't work can you upload full blueprints of all modules along the the filter criteria of both tab in the target module

David

CommunityMember82499
Occasional Contributor

Hi David,

I have checked it very carefully, now I have selected my current date as 2018 in admin dashboard. see the below screenshot.

ss1.PNG

Now in my time setting module it is correctly changing and picking the correct year quarters i.e. 2018 quarters. see the screenshot below.

ss2.PNG

Still it is not working fine, So I am sending you all the screen shots of the modules with blue print view below.

1. Current Date input Screen Shot.

sa1.PNG

2. Time Setting module screenshot

sa2.PNG

3. Target module (Region level quota adj) screen shot

sa3.PNG

DavidSmith
Community Boss

I've added a second dimension to my test it it still works OK, so I am confused as to why it doesn't work for you

What happens if you take the filter off the Quota Setting Regions L2 / Territory Components L2 tab? I wonder if that is tripping over something related to the dates?

As an aside, it is best practice not to have subsidiary views in the module, so I would move the line items dimensioned by Year into a separate module.

I don't think this is the cause of the issue though, just Best Practice

David

CommunityMember82499
Occasional Contributor

Hello David,

I have checked and there are no rules added to Quota settings Area/Territory Components L2 tab.

111.PNG

CommunityMember82499
Occasional Contributor

Thank you very much to both David Smith & Lip Chean for your best solutions.

问候

SK

CommunityMember82499
Occasional Contributor

Hi David,

Based on your approach, I have solved my problem....... Thanks for your great help...... I have the situation here, earlier we have 1:1 time functionality, but now few of my dashboards have 1:many(1+1+1).

Example: some of my dashboards have time functionality like this(below screenshot).

new req.PNG

Now, if I can select the time period as 2020 in admin dashboard, the target dashboard will change like, prior year shipment quarters should change 2019, adjustments and quota should change 2020....

Thanks in Advance.