PrevContributor
Previous Contributor

Count Function

Hi, I have a line item 'country' based on which my account module is developed. These accounts are mapped to countries. I need to find out the count of accounts from each country. In the sample below, there are 5 US accounts, 2 Canada and so on. How to come up with the count of UNIQUE accounts based on each country? for the below example I want to find out only Account 1, Account 2 and Account 3 for US country . So for US the Accounts count should be 3.

Accounts Country
Account 1 US
Account 2 US
Account 3 US
Account 1 US
Account 1 US
Account 6 Canada
Account 7 Canada
Account 8 Mexico
Account 9 Mexico
Account 10 Mexico
15 REPLIES15
CommunityMember111277
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Just to add, lets say I have a account which is appearing in both countries - US & Canada(Module 1). Using the Count function - I have identified the account which is appearing multiple times (Module 2). But, how to mark the account(Account 4)in module 1 using module 2 findings - I can create a new line item (Boolean) in module 1, but I'm unable to identify the correct formula to fetch the details from Module 2 to 1

Accounts Country
Account 1 US
Account 2 US
Account 3 US
Account 4 US
Account 5 US
Account 6 Canada
Account 4 Canada
Account 8 Mexico
Account 9 Mexico
Account 10 Mexico

Thanks

AB

JussiLi
Frequent Contributor

@CommunityMember111277,

One way to do it is to use RANK function. In this example 'Account occurrence' line item shows number1if account occurs more than once.

Then conditional formatting is used in Accounts line item. This doesn't mark the first occurrence of account, but all other (second, third,...).

JussiLi_0-1596647045953.png

Regards,

JussiLi

CommunityMember111277
Frequent Contributor

Hi JussiLi,

Thanks for the suggestions.. Really appreciate it.
在这种情况下,Account-4 (Canada) is getting highlighted under "Account occurrence". However, if I need to highlight both Account-4 Canada & US under "Account Occurrence"- then what is the solution?

Thanks
AB
CommunityMember111277
Frequent Contributor

no worries.. I got the formula.. we can use MAXIMUM instead of SEQUENTIAL

Thanks
JussiLi
Frequent Contributor

@CommunityMember111277,

I would use separate module which stores the number of accounts data:

JussiLi_0-1596651599795.png

and bring account count data back to main module and use it in conditional formatting:

JussiLi_1-1596651718798.png

It is possible to replace separate 'Account count' module with a line item which has Accounts as a dimension and use same IF statement there. But it is best practice to avoid subsidiary views.

Regards,

JussiLi

CommunityMember111277
Frequent Contributor

Thanks.. It worked.. BIG KUDOS to you.