1Crystaljewel
Occasional Contributor

Confirmed PO Delivery - OFFSET

Hello,

3.3.5.1 Create Inventory Ordering Module

I'm having the hardest time understandingwhich line item to usein the Confirmed PO Delivery formula. The threads I've read keep referring me to the POST function, but I'm not at that point in the training yet.

The following set of instructions are confusing me:

• Set the Confirmed PO Delivery line item to use the PO Submitted 1 value and OFFSET it based on the number of weeks between the order and delivery.
    For example, if a PO Submitted has a value in Week 1 and the Shipping Time Weeks has a value of 2, there would be a value of 1 in the Confirmed PO Delivery line item in Week 3.
  • Use the OFFSET function and reference the Shipping Time Weeks line items (should pull the value from the periods prior)"

My formula is:IF PO Submitted = 1 THEN OFFSET(-Ending Inventory, Shipping Time Weeks, 0) ELSE 0

I guess I don't understand how the output of this value relates to the user story or why we need it, or perhaps I could figure out which line item to use.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

一个ccepted Solutions
einas.ibrahim
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Hey@1Crystaljewel

I recall that particular part of the training confused me too.

Let's start with the business process (the requirement)?
  • 一个s a demand manager, there is a mechanism in place to alert me if I need to order more inventory (this is the reorder flag)
  • If this flag is ON (True) let's say for week 4, this means that unless I order more inventory now that will arrive on time(determined by shipping time), then I won't have enough inventory to be able to fulfill my orders.
On to the Anaplan Logic:
  1. We give the demand manager the opportunity to order more inventory ahead of time by checking theSubmit Purchase Order Request
  2. When the Submit Purchase Order Request is checked then I raise thePO Submittedflag
  3. If thePO Submittedflag is raised then we need to raise a similar flag where we expect the shipment to arrive (based on Shipment Time Weeks) this particular SKU takes.
Notes:
  • Some functions - such as POST - don't accept a boolean, so we convert TRUE/False to 1/0 and that's basically the purpose ofPO Submitted
  • The Inventory value that will be requested is equal to the defaultSuggested Order Amount for the Month
Following the above, the formulas should go as follows
  1. 转换的选中标记Submit Purchase Order Requestto 1 or zero
  2. 一个djust the PO submitted value according to the Submit Purchase Order Request value.
  3. If the above flag is raised, then use a function that raises the flag in a future period based on the time the shipment will take to arrive., As you correctly stated you use OFFSET.
Populate the OFFSET function with the appropriate parameters according to the Syntax

Syntax OFFSET(x,n,z)

where:

x : Source line item to offset ==>PO Submitted
n : Offset value ==>The number of weeks the shipment will take
z : Fill value to use if the result is outside the time scale ==>一个ny value to represent we are out of the time range

Einas
"Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime"

Dear community members
Consider posting your question as a new topic and not in the thread of another topic/question. This help other community members to easily find the answer they looking for and doesn't cause the original thread to be so cluttered that we can't find what we are looking for

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES3
einas.ibrahim
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Hey@1Crystaljewel

I recall that particular part of the training confused me too.

Let's start with the business process (the requirement)?
  • 一个s a demand manager, there is a mechanism in place to alert me if I need to order more inventory (this is the reorder flag)
  • If this flag is ON (True) let's say for week 4, this means that unless I order more inventory now that will arrive on time(determined by shipping time), then I won't have enough inventory to be able to fulfill my orders.
On to the Anaplan Logic:
  1. We give the demand manager the opportunity to order more inventory ahead of time by checking theSubmit Purchase Order Request
  2. When the Submit Purchase Order Request is checked then I raise thePO Submittedflag
  3. If thePO Submittedflag is raised then we need to raise a similar flag where we expect the shipment to arrive (based on Shipment Time Weeks) this particular SKU takes.
Notes:
  • Some functions - such as POST - don't accept a boolean, so we convert TRUE/False to 1/0 and that's basically the purpose ofPO Submitted
  • The Inventory value that will be requested is equal to the defaultSuggested Order Amount for the Month
Following the above, the formulas should go as follows
  1. 转换的选中标记Submit Purchase Order Requestto 1 or zero
  2. 一个djust the PO submitted value according to the Submit Purchase Order Request value.
  3. If the above flag is raised, then use a function that raises the flag in a future period based on the time the shipment will take to arrive., As you correctly stated you use OFFSET.
Populate the OFFSET function with the appropriate parameters according to the Syntax

Syntax OFFSET(x,n,z)

where:

x : Source line item to offset ==>PO Submitted
n : Offset value ==>The number of weeks the shipment will take
z : Fill value to use if the result is outside the time scale ==>一个ny value to represent we are out of the time range

Einas
"Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime"

Dear community members
Consider posting your question as a new topic and not in the thread of another topic/question. This help other community members to easily find the answer they looking for and doesn't cause the original thread to be so cluttered that we can't find what we are looking for
1Crystaljewel
Occasional Contributor

Thank you,@einas.ibrahim

This worked for me.

I also now understand that I was combining the purpose of Confirmed PO Delivery with the purpose of Confirmed Purchase Order Receipt. I don't need an inventory value to be returned in Confirmed PO Delivery - this will happen when I build the Confirmed Purchase Order Receipt. The latter formula builds upon the former result.

Thank you!

ilhansezer81
New Contributor

一个小注意我想添加,后来我n activity 3.3.6, you will change the offset function with post function (we need to push from the previous period to the future period using the Final Shipping Time Weeks in that previous period - we cannot know the value of Final Shipping Time Weeks that has been used for the shipment that started in the previous period in a future period so the offset function cannot provide the real solution we are looking for)