Sachinsourav02
Frequent Contributor

Conditional Import

I have two columns, Column A and Column B.

Column A is a manual input and column B is populated by an import action of the data of Column A. I have created a sperate module with Boolean checks to make the data of Column B not editable using write access driver. However when I run the action to populate column B new list members the data that's not editable in column still gets also gets updated. Is there a workaround for this issue, would like to know where I am going wrong.

4 REPLIES4
ChrisAHeathcote
Community Boss

@Sachinsourav02

You need to create a saved view which only contains the items in column A that should be copied into column B. Use a filter to do this based on the DCA settings which control the Write access.

Then use this filtered saved view in your import action.

Chris
HeathcoteAndHerran.com
Sachinsourav02
Frequent Contributor

Hey thanks for that and I was able to achieve it. Just wanted to check for my better understanding, is there a simpler way than this ? Can I avoid an import action ? And simply get the values from Column A to column B with a formula wherein changes made to values in column A does not impact column B
ChrisAHeathcote
Community Boss

@Sachinsourav02

Yes, create a module dimensioned by the list. Add a boolean line item and check those items which are allowed to be copied over.

In the column B line item use=IF ListModule.Boolean THEN Column A ELSE 0

Only values that correspond to the checked items in the first module will be visible in column B.

Chris
HeathcoteAndHerran.com
alexpavel
Certified Master Anaplanner

@Sachinsourav02It depends who launches the import action to update the Column B ( a workspace admin user or a normal user)

If the import action is launched by a "NON-workspace admin" user, the values from the Column B will not be updated if the user has read-only access for those cells. In the action will appear the message of the cells "ignored" and the values will be preserved.

If the import action is launched by a workspace admin user, those cells will always be updated, even in the module, the cells are shown as "read-only" also for the workspace admins.

Currently, the workspace admins bypass the security on the cells that have read-only access and they can update the read-only cells.

You can kudo this idea exchange if you would like that this behavior to be changed:

https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Idea-Exchange/Import-action-should-not-ignore-Selective-Access-for-...