NachoCuevas
Contributor

批量复制,to choose the SOURCE member and the TARGET member from a page in the app?

Hello Anaplan Community!

Does anyone know how to choose the SOURCE member and the TARGET member from a page in the app?

Thanks in advance.

#NewFeature #UX #Dashboards #BulkCopy #Data #AnaplanRelease

Captura 2022-05-11.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
devrathahuja
Occasional Contributor

Hello,
In case you want to choose a source & a target you can create custom bulk copy process.

This would involve the following steps-
1. A module with the "Source" & "Destination" Line items [These will be published on the dashboard for the user to select]

devrathahuja_0-1652354900499.png

2. A saved view (Explained in detail below) in all the source modules of which you wish the data to be copied
3. An import action copying the data from source to destination.

For the 2nd Step, the saved view you'd need the following-
a) Create a filter for the source version

devrathahuja_1-1652355012698.png

b) Apply the filter & create a saved view such that it only shows the source version, in this case FC1-

devrathahuja_2-1652355130925.png

c) Create a line item called destination & refer to the destination line item (or its code) created above in step 1

devrathahuja_3-1652355200821.png

Note: Pivot the view in such a way that the line items are in the columns.

d) Create an import action & map the version to this new line item created in step c above (instead of the version dimension)

devrathahuja_4-1652355334404.png

e) Map the line items & select ignore unmapped items

This would allow you to copy the entire data from 1 version to another dynamically. You can follow the same process to copy data from 1 list member to another for any list.

Let me know in case I understood your requirement correctly & this helps!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES6
Nagaraju
Certified Master Anaplanner

Hi@NachoCuevas, you cannot choose Source and Target from a page. Instead, you may create a Bulk Copy Action, place it in a process and publish on the page. It will copy from the source to the target that was set while creating the action.

Nagaraju_0-1652269576164.png

NachoCuevas
Contributor

Thanks for your opinion@Nagaraju

That will be a great solution if the data needed is always the same in the SOURCE member.

But, in this case, each month I will create a new version and, I need to copy the data from the previous month (version). Any idea?

bhatjaved
Regular Contributor

@NachoCuevasCreate a view in a module which will be governed with your dynamic filters and than run actions from one version to another version, you may set version as ask in mapping than your source will be filtered with current version and than you can copy to new version .

ManjunathKN
SuperContributor

Hi@NachoCuevas

Bulk copy basically copies all the data from one list member to another list member and across.(even for Native versions).

I could not clearly catch your requirement here, could you please elaborate?

Thanks,
Manjunath

rohan.suratwale
Frequent Contributor

Hi@nacho12,

For bulk copying data between different version , you can create multiple actions on Page or Dashboard.
But you wont be able to select the Source and Target from front end page or Dasboard.

--Regards,
ROHAN

devrathahuja
Occasional Contributor

Hello,
In case you want to choose a source & a target you can create custom bulk copy process.

This would involve the following steps-
1. A module with the "Source" & "Destination" Line items [These will be published on the dashboard for the user to select]

devrathahuja_0-1652354900499.png

2. A saved view (Explained in detail below) in all the source modules of which you wish the data to be copied
3. An import action copying the data from source to destination.

For the 2nd Step, the saved view you'd need the following-
a) Create a filter for the source version

devrathahuja_1-1652355012698.png

b) Apply the filter & create a saved view such that it only shows the source version, in this case FC1-

devrathahuja_2-1652355130925.png

c) Create a line item called destination & refer to the destination line item (or its code) created above in step 1

devrathahuja_3-1652355200821.png

Note: Pivot the view in such a way that the line items are in the columns.

d) Create an import action & map the version to this new line item created in step c above (instead of the version dimension)

devrathahuja_4-1652355334404.png

e) Map the line items & select ignore unmapped items

This would allow you to copy the entire data from 1 version to another dynamically. You can follow the same process to copy data from 1 list member to another for any list.

Let me know in case I understood your requirement correctly & this helps!