KayneSchwarz
Community Manager

April 13, 2019 Release Discussion

Do you have feedback on theApril 13, 2019 Anaplan platform release? Share your thoughts below!

Click the Reply button below to post.

20 REPLIES20
KayneSchwarz
Community Manager

@usman.zia,

Thank you for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

Currently, we provide a high-level overview of each feature in the release, as well as a training video from the Academy team and a link to the appropriate Anapedia article/s for more information, when applicable.

Below is an example of this from our June 16, 2018 release. You can expect to see this same treatment with upcoming releases and we'll continue to provide as much information as possible for each feature.

Tooltips.png

usman.zia
Community Boss

Thanks@KayneSchwarzthis is great and really helpful!

Looking forward to seeing these for the new features!

Is there a space on community where I can find these?

KayneSchwarz
Community Manager

Yes,@usman.zia!

You may find all past and future platform release notes in the Platform > Updates >Releases blog.

Be sure to Subscribe to that page to receive Community notifications when new blogs are posted.

Finally, you can find a list, or menu, of all the platform release blogs in theRelease Calendar.

Thanks for asking!

sprender
Regular Contributor

Hi@bdeaton,

Yes the Open Source Module will adhere to all role/access settings. A user can only open modules they have access to. See example below of a user trying to open a source module they don't have access to.

Module.jpeg

bdeaton
Certified Master Anaplanner

Good, just wanted to be sure that would be the case. Thanks!
DavidSmith
Community Boss

Just a quick point about filters.

Even with the performance improvements, it is still best practice (and fastest), to have a filter based on a single boolean. If you need multiple filter conditions, it is best to combined them into one boolean line item or have additional line items if that conditions are complex.

Also, house these filters in a separate System module (as per DISCO) so they can be re-used if necessary

lis.degeus

Hi@DavidSmith@KayneSchwarz

Is there anywhere I can see what actually *are* the filtering performance improvements?

I'm not sure what to look for in terms of new features? What is it doing differently?

Thanks!

DavidSmith
Community Boss

@lis.degeus

The improvement are "under the covers" so you can't "see" them

Details can be found here:

https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Releases/What-s-New-April-13-2019/ba-p/44215

But some filters were not running as optimally as others, depending on the set up, so they have fixed this so that most filters now run efficiently.

You should see improvements to grids rendering on dashboards, or exports, or just opening views with filters enabled

I hope that helps

David

DavidEdwards

I agree with some other posts. In most cases users have selective access enabled, so they can't see the top level. This functionality really should be "Default to Highest Level of Access". THAT would be an excellent enhancement. I think there was a blog post circulating around earlier that laid out a bunch of possible "Default" options for dashboards, so it would be nice if those got implemented (i.e. bottom level, top security level, custom level).

As it currently stands, unfortunately this new feature doesn't solve most of our default paging issues:disappointed_face:

sprender
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the feedback. Sorry to hear it doesn't solve all your default page selector issues. Hopefully it helps in some cases. We are looking to make some changes in this area as we develop the New UX. That might be what the blog you are referring to was gathering feedback for.