Hollyrieke
社区管理员

Model Building Excellence & Application Lifecycle Management

戴维·史密斯(David Smith)已经成为这里的家喻户晓的名字,精通Anaplan。对于那些还没有与他互动的乐趣的人,让我们向您介绍!

Tell us about your experience here at Anaplan.How long have you been here?

四年。那个时候发生了很多变化!

Four years is a long time. What areas have you worked in?

在Anaplan,我曾担任过各种角色,但是在此之前,我开始了一名会计师的生活。但是,我从来没有真正对会计技术感兴趣。我一直喜欢建模,并在Excel起飞的时候开始了我的旅程。我从Adaytum(Michael Gould的第一批产品之一)从2000年的电子表格转移到了多维世界。在此期间,我使用了许多不同的平台,并担任系统管理员,培训师,预售顾问和解决方案架构师,因此我将所有这些经验带来了我的新角色。我目前的角色在产品开发和客户成功之间提供了桥梁,我目前正在领导一项计划,以重新定义和发展Anaplan建模的新标准(计划)。亚搏彩票手机版免费下载这将定义建立模型,平衡性能,可用性和可持续性的最佳实践。

您的专业领域是什么?您是如何实现的?

My passion is planning, and I always want to find the best, most efficient way to model. I am an expert in most things Anaplan, but my specialty has to be model design; I bring all of the techniques learned from the different platforms I have worked with to build efficient, well-structured models that are easy to maintain. I am also expert in Application Lifecycle Management, having overseen the enablement of this fantastic feature since its launch in 2016.

您最喜欢的Anaplan是什么?

我可以建模自己的想法!我可以比以往任何时候都更快地构建(和修改)模型。例如,我最近与一位同事合作,通过更改所有主要模块的维度来重新配置模型。我们在四个小时内做到了。在大多数其他系统中,这是不可能的。我也对即将到来的动态单元访问感到非常兴奋。我亲自倡导了这项功能,它将改变我们的模型(以非常非常好的方式)。

告诉我们一个关于您自己的有趣事实!

我是右撇子,但我左手交易。显然,我左撇子是婴儿,直到四岁或五岁的年龄,只有当我开始复制哥哥时,我才切换了。因此,我想我本能地做了一些“错误的方式”。

笔记:现场问答环节现已关闭。

在下面,您将找到视频中特定问题的快速参考指南。不要忘记查看我们专家的奖励问题,以了解有关迪斯科计划方法的更多信息。

• Introduction00:05
  • Protecting data in a version when a formula changes00:33
  • 应用程序生命周期管理(ALM)和最佳实践02:27
  • 使用ALM平衡敏捷性和治理04:45
  • 要避免的公式07:43
  • Best practices in multi-tiered accounts10:15
  • 新功能和动态单元访问11:24
  • 保持模型清洁13:32
  • 奖金:大卫的迪斯科14:56
17个答复17
贾斯汀
New Contributor

Hi David,

In a environment where we will regularly need to:

• 更新版本的切换日期(每周一次)
  • Run larger model developments that will take multiple weeks to complete
  • &具有根据需要实施次要修复程序的敏捷性
  • 多个模型构建器完成工作的地方

What do you think is the best approach to environment structure to support a good balance of agility and governance with Anaplan?

E.g: how many models? How many workspaces? How is ALM used? Different user access to different workspaces?

Hayk
Frequent Contributor

Hi David,

Would be interesting to get your opinion on which formulas to avoid.

例如,其中一些可以减慢性能,而另一些可以破坏计算(例如圆形)等。

那nks,

Hayk

伊桑_Rold1
经过认证的Anaplanner大师

Hi David,

For organizations that don't have ALM available, what is your opinion on best practices around continuing development and model transitions?

那nks,

伊桑

lin
New Contributor

I am not a model-builder myself but liaise with a team of model-builders. I ask my question as the business owner of Forecasting data.

We have closed previous Forecast version in ANAPLAN (e.g. March FCST) but when a formula is changed ( e.g. for a live April version), all pastCLOSEDversions automatically update and the $ in the closed versions change.

这是不可接受的,因为发布了较旧的版本,现在我们将其引用在Anaplan中进行差异分析,那么$与过去发布的用于管理报告的$不同。必须在Excel中为先前版本手动调整数据。

How do we avoid this?

Pete_amundson
Contributor

Hi David,

In the US, Income Statements typically display both Revenue and Expenses positively.

For example:

Sales 100

出售商品成本50

Gross Margin = 50

由于Anaplan的默认聚合行为是总结所有孩子以得出父母,因此正确计算总数,同时还显示符合客户报告标准的值变得具有挑战性。Assuming a multi-tiered Accounts list (likely ragged), what are some best practices to work around this issue?

I've used Line Items before for each Account, which allow for some more flexibility around display and formulas, however the line items are cumbersome to update as new Accounts are added to the source system that must also be included in Anaplan's account list.

我还看到了使用3个不同的订单项的实例,由帐户列表尺寸化以提出适当的显示。行项目1 =数据输入的位置,收入和费用输入为正。行项目2 =将费用从正面转换为负。行项目3 =对于0级列表成员,从订单项1中获取值,并为父母获取值,从订单1中减去订单项2来计算适当的总数。

好奇您是否在经验中看到任何解决这些问题的事情。

anne_cooper
偶尔的贡献者

David-

从建设者的角度来看,您最兴奋的是路线图上哪些新功能?什么以及如何改善Anaplan的模型构建?

那nks!

Hollyrieke
社区管理员

还有时间问您的问题!我们明天早上要结束,所以今天就把它们放进去。

Hollyrieke
社区管理员

那nks for all the great questions this week! Watch for the video to be posted by end of day on Friday. Any questions that didn't make the cutoff for the video will be answered directly in the forum. We'll also leave this topic open for a few more days for any follow-up questions.

starrchild
偶尔的贡献者

I know that it's good to keep your Anaplan Models clean so that they are easier to manage over time... removing fields that are no longer used, removing old import actions you no longer need, deleting old archived models, etc...

In your job, do you follow a schedule to clean your models on a regular basis or do you do it simply as you notice something that's no longer needed.

谢谢你。