ShreyaR
New Contributor

level 1 Exam activity 4

Hi,
I have been stuck on this question from past few days can anyone please assist me asap Have tried my best but couldn't correctly complete it.
The formula I am using for Bonus in EMP002 is IF Employed? THEN salary* 'EMP03 Employee Drivers by Role'.Bonus%[LOOKUP:'SYS08 Employee Details'.Role] ELSE 0. is this correct?

also not able to get the correct formula for Car Costs, Medical Costs and Phone cost, mistake in this is leading to wrong answers which are further dependent on this. Please help me out with the exact formulas and what line items need to be changed in the EMP002 or any other module all confused.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

接受的解决方案
ChrisAHeathcote
Community Boss

Re: level 1 Exam activity 4

@ShreyaR

One of your previous posts contained a picture of the SYS08 module grid view.

The Role line item was blank.

I believe this is the reason no values are coming through as the mapping lookup this line item does not have a value/list item to reference.

Update the contents of this Role line item and the formula should generate values.

Many thanks,
Chris
ChristopherAndrewHeathcote.com

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES17
ChrisAHeathcote
Community Boss

@ShreyaR

You are almost there. However, look at the dimensions of the drivers module. How many are there? If there are multiple dimensions in the source that are not present in the target then you need multiple mappings to match the data and bridge the dimensions gap.

Also, bonus is the only driver which is a % of salary. The others can be referenced directly.

Good luck,

Many thanks,
Chris
ShreyaR
New Contributor

@ChrisAHeathcote

Hi,

PFA drivers module dimensions I have given. Also can you specify formula for car cost or any one which can be referenced directly.

ChrisAHeathcote
Community Boss

@ShreyaR

Ok, so your driver module has two dimensions but your formula contained one mapping looking up the role for each employee!

Think through the logic of what you are trying to achieve.

Bonus is a function of salary while car, phone and medical costs are not.

Many thanks,
Chris
ShreyaR
New Contributor

@ChrisAHeathcote

Iam confused with this part only not sure anymore what needs to be done.

ChrisAHeathcote
Community Boss

@ShreyaR

You now have a new drivers module dimensioned by Department and Role.

The current formula looksup a drivers module dimensioned by Department and Country.

Therefore, change the source to reference your new drivers module and update the mappings to reflect the changes in dimensions.

Many thanks,
Chris
ShreyaR
New Contributor

@ChrisAHeathcote
I successfully completed the formulas without errors but there is no data displaying for car cost, bonus costs,phone costs and medical costs. please refer attachments.

ChrisAHeathcote
Community Boss

@ShreyaR

Have you updated the new drivers module?

The original module is updated via an import. Do you have to perform a similar import for the new module?

Many thanks,
Chris
ShreyaR
New Contributor

@ChrisAHeathcote

Yes I have updated drivers module also have imported without any error.

ChrisAHeathcote
Community Boss

@ShreyaR

Can you post a pic of the new drivers module grid and blueprint?

Many thanks,
Chris