sunilramakumar
Contributor

Level 2 Sprint 3 TRA01 module creation

Hi - I am facing issues when trying to create the TRA01 module. I am getting zeros when I am trying to map the weekly values:

sunilramakumar_0-1589945681035.png

TRA01 module - formula

sunilramakumar_1-1589945722391.png

Shipping Time = WEEKVALUE('DAT02 Shipping Metrics'.'Shipping Time (Weeks)')

Cost per 1000 Units = WEEKVALUE('DAT02 Shipping Metrics'.'Cost per 1000 Units')

Results

sunilramakumar_2-1589945826303.png

Please help me understand what I am doing wrong

Sunil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

接受处理ions
kathleenseiler
Certified Master Anaplanner

Hi@sunilramakumar,

You are using the WEEKVALUE() function, but trying to grab data from a yearly formatted module. What you really want is the YEARVALUE() function, so it will pull the yearly value into the week you are looking at in your target module.

Kathleen

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES4
Misbah

@sunilramakumar

Why are using WEEKVALUE function? You are trying to pull the Weekly values from source module which is at Year Level.

Misbah_0-1589965698380.png

Hint: Try Using LOOKUP instead

Hope that helps

Misbah

gfraotero
Occasional Contributor

ThIs this the logic ?
-Data Source is ----> DATA02 Shipping metrics : P2 Products , shipping methods, time ( year)
-Mapping--> Beginning Inventory P3 SKU , G3 location
-Data Target is ---> TRA01 Shipping Metrics by Week: P2 Products, Shipping methods Time (week)

Thanks
G.
kathleenseiler
Certified Master Anaplanner

Hi@sunilramakumar,

You are using the WEEKVALUE() function, but trying to grab data from a yearly formatted module. What you really want is the YEARVALUE() function, so it will pull the yearly value into the week you are looking at in your target module.

Kathleen

jasonfortunato
Contributor

Having run into this myself I think the confusion is that "YEARVALUE"sounds like it results a total year value as an output, not that it takes a year value as an input (and and converts it for use in the new timescale). Likewise, "WEEKVALUE" sounds like it should produce a weekly output, not use a weekly input.

That's why we were (or at least I was) picking WEEKVALUE... it sounds like it produces weekly values.