Star
Regular Contributor

2级 - 冲刺3 Inv 01-帖子和偏移

Hi

1) I am trying to get some sense on POST and OFFSET with the following 2 line items:

a) Confirmed PO Delivery = OFFSET(PO Submitted, Final Shipping Time Weeks, 0)

b) Confirmed PO Delivery Test = POST(PO Submitted, Final Shipping Time Weeks)

and appreciate explanations on it.

2) If testing above, for Confirmed PO Delivery, if I switch to -Final Shipping Time Weeks, it did not push to Week 6 (2nd diagram). Why is that so?

Star_2-1589980792349.png

Star_0-1589980980420.png

谢谢。

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

接受的解决方案
smithevan18
Contributor

Hi@Star,

Post and Offset are very similar functions, however, they are going to give you very different results. Offset is going to give you the value from your selected line item x number of periods in the future or in the past. For example, in your line item Confirmed PO Delivery, week 6 is looking back 1 period (Final Shipping Time Weeks = -1) and resulting in your value of 1 since there is a 1 value in Confirmed PO Delivery in week 5.

另一方面,帖子将在未来或过去从所选行项目X数字x推出值。例如,在您的模块中,您确认的PO交付线中的第5周中的1个值将被推到未来2个时期,因为这在您的功能中的第二个论点中是值得的(最终运输时间周= 2)。如果此功能指向同一时期,则该功能还可以汇总值。例如,如果您在第6周的确认PO送货订单项目中也有1个,它将被推入第7周的1周,并与第5周的1个价值结合在一起,以在第7周为您提供2个价值。偏移不会让您以相同的方式组合值。

View solution in original post

10个答复10
smithevan18
Contributor

Hi Star,

Can you please include a screenshot with your "Final Shipping Time Weeks" line item? It looks like you are comparing it to your "Shipping Time Weeks" line item in your screenshots, which has 1 as the value, but your Final line item might have some other value and this is what you are including in your formula.

Star
Regular Contributor

@Smithevan18

Please refer to the details below:

a) Confirmed PO Delivery = OFFSET(PO Submitted, -Final Shipping Time Weeks, 0)

b) Confirmed PO Delivery Test = POST(PO Submitted, Final Shipping Time Weeks)

With the above formulas, the results are as in Diagram 1. Am trying to understand why Confirmed PO Delivery is in Week 6 instead of 7 or is it supposed to be in Week 6. Essentially, am trying to understand the difference between OFFSET and POST.

It will move to Week 7 if the formula is changed to OFFSET(PO Submitted, -Final Shipping Time Weeks - 1, 0) -> Diagram 2

Star_0-1589991334399.png

star_0-1589992297705.png

smithevan18
Contributor

Hi@Star,

Post and Offset are very similar functions, however, they are going to give you very different results. Offset is going to give you the value from your selected line item x number of periods in the future or in the past. For example, in your line item Confirmed PO Delivery, week 6 is looking back 1 period (Final Shipping Time Weeks = -1) and resulting in your value of 1 since there is a 1 value in Confirmed PO Delivery in week 5.

另一方面,帖子将在未来或过去从所选行项目X数字x推出值。例如,在您的模块中,您确认的PO交付线中的第5周中的1个值将被推到未来2个时期,因为这在您的功能中的第二个论点中是值得的(最终运输时间周= 2)。如果此功能指向同一时期,则该功能还可以汇总值。例如,如果您在第6周的确认PO送货订单项目中也有1个,它将被推入第7周的1周,并与第5周的1个价值结合在一起,以在第7周为您提供2个价值。偏移不会让您以相同的方式组合值。

Star
Regular Contributor

@Smithevan18

Thank you very much for your detail explanation. I finally got it:grinning_face:并设法重新创建样本,以使需要进一步理解的人受益。

Star_0-1590025682991.png

Star_1-1590025929224.png

In Anapedia, the diagram showed 2 boxed in orange. I would have thought -1 (Jun) should be boxed instead since the example given is 3,000 but I could be wrong.

Star_2-1590026255346.png

Misbah

@Star

Apart from syntax diff that is OFFSET takes 3 parameters wheres POST takes only 2, the main difference is that POST function lets you add numbers in one cell whereas Offset can't do that.

Star
Regular Contributor
Misbah

@StarExactly. You are bang on target

Rakesh_24_7
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I am trying the formula "IF PO Submitted > 0 THEN POST(PO Submitted, Shipping Time Weeks) ELSE 0" for the confirmed PO delivery? However, the week3 value for confirmed PO delivery is not getting changed. can you please help me in this ?

问候

Rakesh_24_7
Occasional Contributor

Hi@Smithevan18

I am trying to figure out if there is wrong in the below formula for Confirmed PO delivery. I am facing an issue where after applying the given formula, the desired value is not getting populated in the confirmed PO delivery line item.

"IF PO Submitted = 1 THEN POST(PO Submitted, Shipping Time Weeks) ELSE 0"