NoahBG
Occasional Contributor

Level 1 Model Building Exam - Model Building Activity 6

Hello all,

I have been trying to work through Model Building Activity level 6 and cannot seem to understand why my lookup formula is off. I am trying to add a formula to REP04 that shows Total Salary expenses by Region and Role. The formula I am using is'EMP02 Employee Expenses'.Salary[Lookup: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Region, Lookup:'SYS08 Employee Details'.Role]but it receives an error.

How I understand it is that 'REP04 Employee Expense Summary'.Salary is mytargetand 'EMP02 Employee Espenses'.Salary' is mysource module. Because EMP02 does not contain Region and Role I need a mapping module/s to achieve my goal. I am trying to use 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Region and 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Role formappingbut receive an error. What am I missing? Do I need to be using a different module? If more details are needed please let me know. Thanks for any help!

Error message:Format of mapping used for lookup doesn't match any dimension of the source

Helpful reference post I believe is relevant:https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Academy-Training/Altering-Line-Item-Formula-with-lookup/m-p/88856#M...

Screenshots:

NoahBG_0-1626889409586.png

NoahBG_1-1626889438245.png

NoahBG_2-1626889453860.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JaredDolich

@NoahBG

Oh, so, so close. You used LOOKUP. Try using SUM instead. Your logic is flawless. Just the wrong function. You got this!

'emp02员工费用'。

Jared Dolich

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES13
JaredDolich

@NoahBG

Oh, so, so close. You used LOOKUP. Try using SUM instead. Your logic is flawless. Just the wrong function. You got this!

'emp02员工费用'。

Jared Dolich
NoahBG
Occasional Contributor

@JaredDolich

Thank you so much! I tried using SUM twice but must have had some kind of typo. It is working now. I appreciate the help and encouragement!

For those referencing the post in the future. My end working formula is below:

'emp02员工费用'。

Mallika1001
新贡献者

Hi

@NoahBGtried using your SUM Logic but the answers are incorrect, the formula is getting validated but both answers got wrong

aykcos
Contributor

Hi,

I have set up formula for Salary without having a problem. But I am facing with the problem with finding correct formula for other line items in this model like "Bonus", "Car Costs", Phone Costs" and "Medical Benefit".

Lookup function does not work in this module because of dimensions mismatch. But SUM function does not work also.

Any hint for this please?

Bin.Zhou
新贡献者

have you got answer for the formula to sum up Bonus? I run into the same issue as you have.
aykcos
Contributor

I solved this problem by considering the differency between dimensions. You should pull data from another module and convert it by correct mapping considering the dimensions.

Target module's dimensions:

E2 Employees#: Active?

Time

Line Items

源模块的维度:

E1 Departments

Role

Line Items

So, you should take the first 2 dimensions of source module into account for mapping.

I hope this helps.

kunle
Contributor

I am struggling with Activity 6 despite following some of the suggestions on the thread. Please can someone suggest a hint as to a way out.

这是我创建公式时看到的错误:

Error.PNG

Below is the Blueprint view on my REP04, EMP02 and SYS08

REP04 Blueprint view.PNG

EMP02 Blueprint view.PNG

SYS08 Blueprint view.PNG

Thank you.

egunerhan
新贡献者

Role item probably not listed correctly

To solve this problem

1. Go to SUM: SYS08 Employee Details

2. Look at the format of "Role "

3.Make the changes as below

Format-Role

Type: List

List: Role

Good luck to whoever may need this explanation!

尼尔斯
新贡献者

Hi,

When I use my SUM formula I am getting blank values.

Also I do not see any data in sys08.region and sys08.role. its blank. how to get the data here. I have formatted them as list G1 region and E3 role.