Niraj.B
Frequent Contributor

L2 Task 1.3.7.4 instructions subset confusion

In Task 1.3.7.4 we are asked below:

1.3.7.4 Create s G3 Location: Distribution Center? List Subset

Under the ---Try It Hierarchies--- category, create a new list subset:

List Subset Name: s G3 Location: Distribution Center?

I am hoping that we are asked to create a subset under G3 location and not another list under ---Try It Hierarchies--- ?

anap1.png

The reason I ask is in task 1.3.10.4 I cannot verify my task as per below screenshot. The below is only possible if I create a subset and not a list with the same name

anap2.gif

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JaredDolich

@Niraj.B

Yes. You got it! Only need the one list subset in G3 Location. The reason you want it there is so you can select only the list items in G3 Location WITHOUT having to create another list. List subsets are very important when your lists start to become very large. It's important sometimes to narrow down the list items you need rather than taking the whole set. Also, the list subset will respect the structured hierarchy.

Nice job!

Jared Dolich

View solution in original post

1 REPLY1
JaredDolich

@Niraj.B

Yes. You got it! Only need the one list subset in G3 Location. The reason you want it there is so you can select only the list items in G3 Location WITHOUT having to create another list. List subsets are very important when your lists start to become very large. It's important sometimes to narrow down the list items you need rather than taking the whole set. Also, the list subset will respect the structured hierarchy.

Nice job!

Jared Dolich