Niraj.B
Frequent Contributor

L2 Sprint 3 INV01 formulas

Hello,

I have finished writing up the formulas for all the line items, they also match the figures in next slide. How can I make sure that they are all correct (as there are multiple ways to write them)? Is there anyone in Anaplan I can email to verify? The reason I ask is few steps into the course I avoid a situation that it is suddenly not right.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JaredDolich

@Niraj.B

Nicely handled! Looks great. Just two minor adjustments and one suggestion:

• Reorder flag should be <=0, not <0. If your inventory gets to zero, you'll want to reorder, so go ahead and add the =
  • Shipping Method should be looking up "Supplied by" not the distribution center - I suspect you just renamed this which is okay. It's just a name change if you want.
  • Suggestion: for your conditional statements that use "IF-THEN-ELSE". Always try to put the most likely case at the front of the conditional so the calculation engine exits as quickly as possible. Helps performance.

Truly great work!

Jared Dolich

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES5
JaredDolich

@Niraj.B

I completely understand. Here's a couple of suggestions:

• Use the screenshots provided in the course to verify your numbers. If you're getting the right number you're formula is probably correct.
  • For formulas you want to double check or to see if you've got good syntax, post them on this Forum. I'm happy to check them for you.

Jared Dolich
Niraj.B
Frequent Contributor

@JaredDolichThank you, much appreciated. I have attached.

JaredDolich

@Niraj.B

Nicely handled! Looks great. Just two minor adjustments and one suggestion:

• Reorder flag should be <=0, not <0. If your inventory gets to zero, you'll want to reorder, so go ahead and add the =
  • Shipping Method should be looking up "Supplied by" not the distribution center - I suspect you just renamed this which is okay. It's just a name change if you want.
  • Suggestion: for your conditional statements that use "IF-THEN-ELSE". Always try to put the most likely case at the front of the conditional so the calculation engine exits as quickly as possible. Helps performance.

Truly great work!

Jared Dolich
Niraj.B
Frequent Contributor

Thank you so much ! I corrected the reorder flag, now it makes sense.

For the SYS08, not sure why I got as Distribution center. I will need to go in an earlier course to see if I made a mistake in setting up the module.

For the IF THEN, I had a look, I guess the only place I can change is 'PO Submitted' since most of times it will be 0 , all others seem seem ok unless I didn't catch

JaredDolich

@Niraj.B

You got this!

Jared Dolich