ChrisMullen
Community Boss

建立销售目标Business Process Questions

This forum is for asking the stakeholders of the Unicorn Candy Company questions about the establishing sales targets process. The Anaplan Academy team will be monitoring this forum during US Central standard business hours. Please allow up to 24 hours for replies.This forum is not to be used for asking questions about model building or for help with modeling questions, these questions will be removed from the forum. This is to clarify details regarding the business processes.

120 REPLIES120
avirup.sen
Contributor

Can country sales operation manager also override the sales target for an entire country ? In that scenario, we would assume that the targets would be redistributed just like an override from the regional sales executive. Or is override locked only for regional sales exec?

ChrisMullen
Community Boss

不,国家销售业务Managers can not override the sales target, only Regional Sales Execs.

avirup.sen
Contributor

Thanks as always Chris!
Misbah

1. During the Account Review Process Regional Sales Executive wants to review total of initial account sales target by account segment. Where is this parameter of "Account Segment" coming from? Since account segmentation is based on overall potential growth and not the actual sales revenue - this piece needs to be furnished somewhere.

2. Are "Sale Seasonality" and "Product Pattern" same in this use case?

3. Targets need to be set annually but may be changed to quarterly in near future - does it mean we have to keep that in mind or we just go ahead with annual approach?

ChrisMullen
Community Boss

1. During the Account Review Process Regional Sales Executive wants to review total of initial account sales target by account segment. Where is this parameter of "Account Segment" coming from? Since account segmentation is based on overall potential growth and not the actual sales revenue - this piece needs to be furnished somewhere.Right now, we are using Anaplan to see how our accounts are distributed across the different account segments. We are considering incorporating it more in a further release.

2. Are "Sale Seasonality" and "Product Pattern" same in this use case? -When we are talking about "Sale Seasonality" we are referring to the distribution across Quarters. So if my Previous Years sales were Q1 20% Q2 20% Q3 20% Q4 40% for an account, I want them to stay in that pattern. When I am referring to Product Pattern, I want to make sure that is one of Account's Nutzo bar sales makes up 2% of that entire Country's Chocolate sales, that in the next year, it ill still maintain that 2% pattern.

3. Targets need to be set annually but may be changed to quarterly in near future - does it mean we have to keep that in mind or we just go ahead with annual approach?Use the Annual Approach.

Misbah

@ChrisMullen

谢谢!

Few more questions -While I was trying to submit the Target Review UX Prototype I found some misleading info - All this while it was discussed that the target setting will be at Country level and now all of a sudden I see the it will be Country & Product Family level.

Misbah_0-1582823003356.png

Even the user story says it should be reflected - Doesn't this mean that it should be flatlined across product families

Misbah_1-1582823204926.png

Question 2 -This prototype can we submit the way it looks in Anaplan like module build or something? Or should it be completely outside Anaplan

Thanks,

Misbah

ChrisMullen
Community Boss

@MisbahYou will enter it in at the country level and it will be the same for each product family in that country. So if I put 5% increase you'll see that for every product family in that country. Example, if I put a 5% on US, my US - Chocolates will be 105% Us- Sours 105% US-Fudge 105% US- Taffy 105%

For your second question, submit it how you would do it for a customer. If you like to mock up a UX in Anaplan to show them, by all means do that.

Misbah

@ChrisMullen

I think I am getting confused with the logic for Sales Pattern and Seasonality. Can you please confirm if this is the right understanding.

If you look at Cell P5 , it is equal to 0.141 and the formula is in the formula bar.

Also if you try to see what is the seasonality for Q1 in this case it would be 100/(100+110+120) = 100/330 =0.303.

Q1 - Confirm if the above logic is correct?

Q2 - How do we include the seasonality & pattern in one formula, if you can just help me with the numbers that I published below

Misbah_0-1583763527302.png

Thanks,

Misbah

ChrisMullen
Community Boss

@MisbahYou have to also consider in the product family. P1 and P2 might belong to different product families. You want to make sure you are also factoring that in. I added the Country and Product Family to the module to help illustrate this.

ChrisMullen_0-1583769794370.png