AaronW
Community Manager

Event Wrap-up: Master Anaplanner Q&A—plus your questions!

Thank you to everyone who joined us for our first virtual event for Learners today—and a special thank you to our guest@einas.ibrahim! Since we weren't able to answer all the amazing questions on the call, she has graciously agreed to answer the remaining questions here.

Here's the recording:

I've aggregated the remaining questions below.@einas.ibrahim, would you be willing to take each one in a separate reply? Thank you!

• From@JaredDolich: What was the most rewarding part of your journey to become a Master Anaplanner?
  • From@ChadnrarACMAand@GONI: How can I stay connected to the Anaplan ecosystem and maintain my skills after my training if I don’t have access to the platform or don’t get hired at an applicable position right away?
  • From@Suneela: What is the best approach to choosing an opportunity in Anaplan that will facilitate to enhance skills in this platform?
  • From@iphillipfelices: What are some of the difficulties you've encountered in your Anaplan journey so far and how did you handle them?
  • From@JaredDolich: Does the Master Anaplanner title open more doors to finding gainful employment? What is the market like for Master Anaplanners?
  • From@garima.rawat: I have been working on and off on Anaplan projects. I am currently re-certifying L2 I still get confused with formula writing because of a of lack of hands-on. How can I improve?

• From@Misbah: How Important it is for anyone (not just Master Anaplanners) to usePlanualwhile Model building?
  • From@SachinMohandas: I got my Solution Architect certificate a couple of months back and I wanted to increase my Community footprint. Any pointers on where I should start?
  • From@vpaiand@crondon: Can we do L3 and Master Anaplanner training with yet another 90-day trial? Is there a Anaplan version / environment for individuals to develop skills during the Master Anaplanner journey?
16 REPLIES16
JaredDolich

Re: Event Wrap-up: Master Anaplanner Q&A—plus your questions!

Great meeting@AaronW- Thank you@TerynTand@einas.ibrahim

Jared Dolich
iphillipfelices
Occasional Contributor

Great event! Thank you so much for answering my question during the event,@einas.ibrahim. Also, thank you@AaronWand@TerynT. I'm looking forward to more events similar to this one.

Ian Phillip Urata

AaronW
Community Manager

I'll start by answering this one:

• From@vpaiand@crondon: Can we do L3 and Master Anaplanner training with yet another 90-day trial? Is there a Anaplan version / environment for individuals to develop skills during the Master Anaplanner journey?

It is possible to complete the Level 3 Model Builder training with your Anaplan Access 90-day trial. It is not possible to meet the Master Anaplannereligibilityormaintenance requirementswith a 90-day trial, and there is not currently a corresponding environment available for that program.

vpai
New Contributor

Thanks@AaronW

einas.ibrahim
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

• From@JaredDolich: What was the most rewarding part of your journey to becoming a Master Anaplanner?

Thank you@JaredDolichfor attending and for your questions

I'll answer this question with a story. I may not recall the tiny details but the general idea is intact
After one of the Anaplan Live events or perhaps the CPX live, A survey was sent to all attendees. One of the first questions asked about the attendee skill level and the answer options were something along the lines of:

• Beginner - I know of Anaplan but I don't model
  • Intermediate - I know how to model but not .....
  • Master Anaplanner - 'nough said.

I wasn't a Master Anaplanner at that time but I thought to myself, Master Anaplanners are well respected and recognized.

So when I became a Master Anaplanner I felt I joined a club of individuals who if given the opportunity and we choose to participate,

we can make a significant impact in the Anaplan Community and the Anaplan Ecosystem in general.

P.S. If@AaronWor@TerynTCould get the actual survey question, that would be great. I thought it was funny

Einas
"Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime"
JaredDolich

You're awesome@einas.ibrahimThanks for the answer and for speaking today. Really enjoyed it.

Jared Dolich
einas.ibrahim

• From@ChadnrarACMAand@GONI: How can I stay connected to the Anaplan ecosystem and maintain my skills after my training if I don’t have access to the platform or don’t get hired at an applicable position right away?

Thanks@ChadnrarACMAand@GONIfor attending and for your desire to stay connected

Here is another story:slightly_smiling_face:
When I was engaging in the community and my scores of numbers of responses I write or Kudos I get are increasing, I thought to myself I wish there was a way to direct all that energy to find my next job. I felt these activities are not directly related to "finding a job".
我可以告诉你,我得到了我的当前位置通过ugh a member of the Anaplan Community who saw my activities and responses and recommended me for my current position. So what you know, my efforts were indeed translated into finding a job after all.

For that reason, I encourage you to stay connected to the Anaplan Community and get engaged.

The Anaplan Community is a great place to stay connected to other Anaplanners, learn about the latest in the Anaplan world, read blogs and articles about various topics from Best Practice to personal stories, watch the training videos, Join Groups, attend events.... there is a lot that you could do on the Anaplan Community so please take advantage of it and I wish you the best of luck in getting an Anaplan position.
@AaronWhas mentioned a lot of the resources on the Community that could help you with that.

Einas
"Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime"
einas.ibrahim

• From@Suneela: What is the best approach to choosing an opportunity in Anaplan that will facilitate to enhance skills in this platform?

Thanks@Suneelafor attending.

我相信最好的机会是那些low you to add value through what you already know but also be about 20%-25% outside of your comfort zone to allow you to learn and grow.
There are a lot of Anaplan opportunities for various skill levels, from Junior Model Builder to Solution Architect and beyond. Hopefully, you will find one soon that allows you to learn and grow.

Einas
Suneela
Occasional Contributor

Hi Einas,

Thanks much for taking time to share your journey.
I strongly believe that success doesn’t come without pain and if it comes without much effort, it’s not going to stay long. The level of success depends on one’s effort indeed. You have a truly inspiring story and am glad that we got to hear and get motivated. Wishing you many more to come your way! I can’t wait to start my Anaplan journey and enhance my skills in helping more businesses improve their planning efficiencies. You are right, the willingness to learn keeps you motivated and I really enjoyed the trainings and getting certified in this amazing platform which has transformed the planning world.
Suneela Molagavalli, CPA