社区成员113703
Contributor

how to break text into multiple lines

Hi Anaplanners

是否有人知道如何将文本值分解为多行并使其看起来更容易。

By the way to publish it in the Dashboard.Thanks!

9 REPLIES9
社区成员113703
Contributor

Here are the pictures for reference.1.png

akhtar.shahbaz
社区Boss

@CommunityMember113703

您可以使用(Ctrl + Alt + Enter)将文本分解为多行

谢谢

Akhtar

JaredDolich

@CommunityMember113703great question.

@akhtar.shahbazis correct if you intend to put your description in a textbox on the dashboard.

标题也可以包装,但不能包装。

否则,方式you have it is the best you'll get. There is no word wrap functionality on a line item.

There are some creative ways to break up text into separate line items - people do this all the time when translating flat file keys into their primary keys but I didn't think that was what you had in mind.

Lastly, it's not advisable to use text formatted line items if they can be avoided. They're very expensive both in performance and space. Make sure this long description is necessary - and if it's on a module that's really big, know that it will contribute to poor performance. By the way, I use long text descriptions all the time for documentation modules, but I don't use dimensions.

You can always adjust the column settings to open up the column width. You can also change the header to word wrap up to 3 times.

WordWrap1.png

Using CTRL-ALT-ENTER on a entry will cause problems. Anaplan will ignore the remaining part of the line as you can see in this example. I put a CTRL-ALT-ENTER after the words "example of" then copied it to the line below. See how it cuts off the rest of the line?

WordWrap2.png

Lastly, on the dashboard you can always add a text box that will wrap. This is where the CTRL-ALT-ENTER works best.

Unfortunately, word wrapping doesn't work on rows or columns, as shown in this dashboard example below.

WordWrap3.png

Jared Dolich
rob_marshall

使用文本时,请了解该行项目的总体内存大小为48个字节 + 2 x,然后是文本中的字符数。因此,如果您的文本是ABC,则存储器大小为48 + 2 *3 = 54个字节。如果您的文本长100个字符,则大小为48 + 2*100 = 248字节,将在订单项目的整个维度上复制。

希望这可以帮助,

Rob

Misbah

@rob_marshall

Now that's intriguing. Does this mean that the calculation that we do for Model Sizing is incorrect as per @David Smith's recommended method.

For Number & Text - 8 bytes

For List, Date & Time - 4 bytes

布尔值-1个字节

So is it like - Empty Text formatted line item consumes 8 bytes and anything in the line item adds more to the space. Is it only with Text formatted line items or others as well?

谢谢,

Misbah

rob_marshall

@Misbah,

No, what David said is absolutely true and what is shown/calculated on what you see from the Settings page...The true memory of the text is different on the backend and is why it is so bad. Say your model says it is 100 GB, but in reality on the backend, it is really 160 GB due to text and text concatenations.

This is one of the slides I presented at CPX and describes what I wrote above.

2019-12-11_08-43-38.png

更好的(或更糟糕的是)是您修改文本(行项目1“&_”和行项目2)时,性能会降低。我们知道您无法摆脱使用文本,但是知道如何使用文本非常重要(引用在较小的模块(例如代码)中定义的文本并使用查找)。

2019-12-11_08-44-42.png

希望这可以帮助,

Rob

社区成员113703
Contributor

Thankyou!

the long description values(few thousands records/per day or even more) are imported to the module and published to the dashboard. the users are not allowed to modify only have read access for the values.

so even I have used the shortcut to beak the line, the user can only see the first line of the text values in the dashboard.it seems not work.

和It's difficult to add text boxes for every record of long description because there are too much data.

the column width can only be set to 800px(130byte?) at most.in this case, one third of the text values can be shown and the other information are hided in read mode .

So there is other way to show the whole text value more than 300 byte ?(I thought the beak line way could worked...)

Thankyou

社区成员113703
Contributor

Thankyou. I tried the shortcut. The users should only read the text value in the dashboard.(no access for write).enen if I have broken the value using this way. They can only see the first line of the value in the dashboard

usman.zia
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

@CommunityMember113703

As both@rob_marshall@Misbah解释文本很容易引起性能问题,并创建了非常大的内存模块。

I would first question what is the need to have this process in Anaplan?

在数据进入Anaplan并清理Anaplan之外的数据之前,您要实现的目标也可以做到更有效。你考虑过吗?

Would be great to hear more about the use of this.

谢谢,

Usman