sourabhvk
Occasional Contributor

Time line chart not synching with View

Hi,

I have created a dashboard to show the Sales History. The dashboard is supposed to show the Sales data for all history periods . Using a Module / View, I have published a chart on the dashboard. The Chart has Time Periods on the Y axis. Now when I am changing the current period setting (For example- from Sep to Oct) for the model, the changes need to be reflected on the chart. It should show Sep Sales data as well. But chart is showing Sales data till Aug. And module / view is showing the data till Sep. How to synch the chart with view? So that chart also shows the data till Sept.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

接受的解决方案
DavidSmith
Community Boss

@sourabhvk

From memory, try this

Publish the chart to the dashboard with all periods showing by adjusting the filter module to include everything.

Then change the filter back to using history periods and I think the chart will then work as required

As an aside, I hope your filter for History periods is in a separate Time Filters module so the logic can be re-used!!

我希望this works for you

David

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES6
DavidSmith
Community Boss

@sourabhvk

From memory, try this

Publish the chart to the dashboard with all periods showing by adjusting the filter module to include everything.

Then change the filter back to using history periods and I think the chart will then work as required

As an aside, I hope your filter for History periods is in a separate Time Filters module so the logic can be re-used!!

我希望this works for you

David

sourabhvk
Occasional Contributor

@DavidSmith

Thanks for the solution. It worked for me.

Sourabh

sourabhvk
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

When Anaplan is planning to fix this issue?

Sourabh

sourabhvk
Occasional Contributor

@DavidSmith

Is there any way reported issue will be addressed by the product devlopment?

Its becoming difficult for us when actual users create a new dashboard graph and we ending up with more support activity with the users!!

Please suggest. Also is there any bug number for this so that we can share with the client.

rob_marshall

@sourabhvk,

It is on the roadmap:https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Idea-Exchange/Dynamically-update-Dashboard-graphs/idi-p/35194

Please feel free to add another vote to it.

Thanks,

Rob

ahaley
New Contributor

I think the idea is to use the New UX where the problem does not particularly persist anymore.