adamsjk
Contributor

Level 2: Conclusion: Activity: Add Currency Conversion Functionality

Hello,

I am having trouble pulling in all the data for all the Time/years.

What does it mean in the Activity Instructions: ..."contains data needed to set up this module. Use theSymbol as the Code for each currency."

The CODE used throughout is not the column in the data extract under Symbol (eg USD) vs. Code of "US".

I am not able to pull in the data for REP05 unless I update it manually. What am I missing?

2 REPLIES2
Ajinkya
Contributor

Hi@adamsjk,

The particular instruction " Use theSymbol as the Code for each currency"is put here in the context of importing Country+local+currency.csv in the 'currency list'. Instead of manually entering local currencies as list members, you can use an import action wherein map 'Symbol' column to 'Code' field in import mapping action as shown below,pic 3.png

Once the currency list is imported with local currencies and symbols as code,Go to SYS03 Country module

-> add line item Local currency formatted with currency list. As pointed by you, one can either manually map local currencies to countries or import it in the below manner,

1. Go to grid view-> Data-> Import country+Local+Currency.csv file and the follow the highlighted mappingpic 1.png

2. G2 country tab shall automatically get mapped-> SYS03 Country Details Line Items tab should have the follow mapping,

pic 2.png

Run the import. This will import local currencies rightly mapped to countries without any manual intervention.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ajinkya

adamsjk
Contributor

OK, thank you. That makes more sense!