rahulharjai
New Contributor

Level 1 Model : Dimension of mapping used for lookup doesn't match any dimension of the result.

Hi,

While addingformulas to the line items in EMP02 Employee Expenses we were asked to enter the below mentioned formula

Bonus IF Employed? THEN Salary * 'EMP01 Employee Drivers'.Bonus %[LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Department, LOOKUP: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Country] ELSE 0

but it's throwing an error "Dimension of mapping used for lookup doesn't match any dimension of the result."

Please suggest to resolve this issue.

38 REPLIES38
Tricia
Contributor

Spoiler

I had entered what I believed to be the correct formula, and after reading your response, I had typed the formula correctly (it matched what you listed), however, I am getting this error:

Invalid formula for 'EMP02 Employee Expenses'.Bonus: Automatic sum of 'EMP03 Employee Drivers by Role'.Bonus % over E3 Role hierarchy is not possible as E3 Role does not have a built-in top level

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thank you!

LStinsa
Frequent Contributor

@usman.ziaI have all of the formulas entered properly but I didn't get the answer right when you said to check on Sindy. In my EMP02 these are the dimensions.

LStinsa_0-1614290464167.png

rahulharjai
New Contributor

Hi@Misbah

Please find the attached screenshot for EMP02 Dimensions.

Thanks

Misbah

@rahulharjai

Dimension seem to be matching. Can you please follow what@usman.ziahas explained. I think it appears to be ordering of the instructions.

Thanks,

Misbah

jai.kannan
Occasional Contributor

@rahulharjai@MisbahSomething is incorrect with the instructions. I have encountered the same exact issue.

From what I understand from the discussion, one possible solution is building a module titled EMP03. This step is not in the instructions and should be done on an Ad-hoc basis.

dngingras
Contributor

The issue I have with the EMP02 module is that the lookups for the car, phone and medical benifits line item is not working properly because the EMP01 module does not include the time dimension. So instead of getting a single value for these line items, I get an aggregation, for example for Sarah Engle, I get car cost of 1.8M instead of 800. I don't know if this is addressed later in the course or not but I haven't figured out a way around it yet. Any ideas?

jai.kannan
Occasional Contributor

更新:发现用于EMP02 wa列表s a sub-list of G3 Location instead of #E2 Employees. Correcting this has corrected the dimension error, which makes sense. I'm unsure if the instructions are incorrect as I have not needed to create an additional module titled EMP03. All seems to be right.

rahulharjai
New Contributor

@jai.kannan

Could you please provide the detailed steps so that we don't need to create an additional module titled EMP03.

Thanks
LStinsa
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for the suggestions. I have gotten my mapping to match up but now I can't get any data in my EMP02 module past sept 2020. Any ideas on why that is?

LStinsa_0-1614289535728.pngLStinsa_1-1614289553166.png