algrigore
Occasional Contributor

Input module

Hello everyone,

I've created an input module where user can fill automatically some data. I need to create a rule to load the new data entered by the user in a collection module. The collection module should has the same dimension as the input one, but I'm not sure which formula I need to use. I don't want to use a Boolean line and the Override one as we have in the training. The below data should go automatically into collection module.

algrigore_0-1643916513579.png

Can you please help me with some hints? Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

接受的解决方案
sobaid
Regular Contributor

I tried name(item(Row Count)) (works only for text format) for getting the list of dimension i.e., 1,2,3,4... then used findItem to convert text into list , which then can be used fetch data in line items in Collection Module using LOOKUP.See Pictures attached.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES4
bhatjaved
Regular Contributor

@algrigoreyou can create another module and use the same dimensions as input module and just reference line items to each other , input data will automatically update in other module .

algrigore
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I cannot reference the collection module to the input module..... as the dimensions in the collection modules are formatted as list :

algrigore_0-1643961375840.png

I made a schema in excel in order to be more clear this action:

algrigore_1-1643961413054.png

Thank you for your help!

sobaid
Regular Contributor

I tried name(item(Row Count)) (works only for text format) for getting the list of dimension i.e., 1,2,3,4... then used findItem to convert text into list , which then can be used fetch data in line items in Collection Module using LOOKUP.See Pictures attached.

KirillKuznetsov
Certified Master Anaplanner

@algrigore

You can use mapping one list to another in order to lookup values from the source.

Regards, Kirill Kuznetsov
Planingo, LLC