HenryXu
New Contributor

I want to change the name of top level item at production data list in Deployed model

users want to change the name of top level item.

but this list is set as production data

so I think only can change the Deployed model to standard. then I can change the name.

我认为它会非常危险,so I want to ask what should I mention.

OR

should i do that? and feasibility

thanks

6 REPLIES6
shreyashree
Occasional Contributor

Hi@HenryXu

It's not a recommended practice to change a model's mode from deployed to standard.

Instead you can route the changes from the standard model which is in sync with the deployed model using ALM. Change the top level in the source model, create a revision tag and sync the target deployed model with the source model using Compare/Sync functionality in Manage Model.

Please refer the link below for more details:https://help.anaplan.com/7b886afc-f1d8-498b-a609-aa9d7130a9aa-Application-Lifecycle-Management-Overv...

Thanks.

HenryXu
New Contributor

Thank you for your advice

I changed the name of top level item in the develop model, but I can't add the revision tag.

so I can't Compare/Sync the target deployed model.

I think the reason is this list is production data.

and that is why I want to change a model's mode from deployed to standard.

do you have comments about it?

shreyashree
Occasional Contributor

Hi@HenryXu,

The top level of list in the list configuration is structural data. So even if the list is production data, the top level added in the source model can be synced with the target model through a revision tag. Adding a top level should enable the option to add a revision tag.

In your case, is the top level item a separate list or the default feature that we have in configuration of a list as shown below?

shreyashree_0-1652674468184.png

ManjunathKN
SuperContributor

@HenryXu

you should not take the model out of deployed mode at any point, unless you want to do a hotfix or history tracking purpose. taking the model out of deployed mode will cause error for future syncs.

for production list(production data) you cannot change the configuration but you have the privilege to change the list item members.

Changing Top level of list is a change in configuration and it can be done only through a Revision sync from Dev or Data hub model.

Thanks,
Manjunath

HenryXu
New Contributor

Thank you for your advice I changed the name of top level item in the develop model, but I can't add the revision tag. so I can't Compare/Sync the target deployed model. I think the reason is this list is production data. and that is why I want to change a model's mode from deployed to standard. do you have comments about it?
rohan.suratwale
Frequent Contributor

Hi@Henry,

Its never recommended to play with Modes of the Deployed Model, it can affect the ALM and Sync process.

The Best to solve your issue is,
In your DEVELOPMENT Model manually change the Top Level Name of the required list/Hierarchy and then create a revision tag.
Once done you can simply sync the changes on PRODUCTION Model with your newly created Revision Tag.

Incase you are not familiar with ALM and Revision Tag Process:
https://community.anaplan.com/t5/On-Demand-Courses/ALM-Revision-Tags/ta-p/81598

--Regards,
Rohan