Ana22
Frequent Contributor

How to link a property/line item on modules with different dimension

Hi,

I need to get data from a line item from one module with a different dimension with my target module, I cannot do a lookup because the 2 dimensions are not totally related. See details below ;

I need to get the Position value from the source to the target, as you can see in the target module, not all Position list is mapped to an Employee so I cannot use a lookup, only the Position Line item/property is the same for both modules.

Ana22_0-1657537511459.png

Ana22_1-1657537532340.png

Thanks,
Ana

8 REPLIES8
BrunoRodriguez
Regular Contributor

Hello Ana,

Can you please tell us the dimensions from source and target in order to clarify the question?

Cheers!

Best,
Bruno Rodriguez
rishabh01
Frequent Contributor

Hey@Ana22,

As you mentioned, employee list and position list are not related to each other, in that case we can use position as a link between the two lists.

But before jumping to that, can you verify if the source module is dimensioned by "employee list" and target module is dimensioned by "position list"?

Ana22
Frequent Contributor

Hi, Yes that is correct.

source - employee list
target - position list,

mapping of employee to position list is not 1:1 so I cannot do a lookup, sometimes, employee may be blank for a position list as seen in the example.

Thanks,
Ana
TristanS
Frequent Contributor

Feels like you will need to do a sum function. Depending on how you want it to sum up you can either use formula for Position list 1 or Position list 2

Source
Employee list Position Data to be copied count
1x Position 1 111 1
2x Position 2 222 1
3x Position 3 333 1
Target
Position list Position Employee list Expected
1 Position 1 1x Source.Data to be copied[SUM: Source.Position]
2 Position 2 blank Source.Data to be copied[SUM: Source.Position] / Source.count[SUM: Source.Position]
3 Position 3 3x
ankit_cheeni
SuperContributor

Hope this helps:

ankit_cheeni_0-1657562010878.png

Ana22
Frequent Contributor

Hi, Thanks for this. but sorry, my mistake it was the other way around, should be this ;

Ana22_0-1657587745944.png

ankit_cheeni
SuperContributor

How about this then?

ankit_cheeni_1-1657606629808.png

Ana22
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

The Position from the source is not the position code of the list, so I can't do a lookup. It's just a text same for both source and target.

Thanks,

Ana