riyazpasha
Frequent Contributor

How to get previous value of line item which doesn't have time dimension

Hi,

I have a use case where I'm using the custom time dimension list in which there is a line item called Beginning balance which is the previous value of the Ending Balance.

So I'm stuck as there is not native time dimension being used in the module so I can't use previous function of Anaplan.

Any work around is possible?

I have attached screenshot for reference

riyazpasha_0-1650458406422.png

riyazpasha_1-1650458478210.png

7 REPLIES7
ChrisStauffer
Certified Master Anaplanner

Riyaz,

This post may give you some ideas on how to get previous value of line item without using time dimension:

https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Anaplan-Platform/Trick-Previous-on-regular-list-sequential-calcs-us...

Chris Stauffer

mburdak
Contributor

Hi@riyazpasha,

This post is very similar to yours, hopefully the same trick will be helpful for you too:

Solved: Re: Use "Previous" with non-timescale dimension - Anaplan Community

Regards,

Mandeep Burdak

ManjunathKN
Valued Contributor

Hi

There is no formula that can achieve this right now.

you need to use a system module and make mapping for previous and use this as lookup for your beginning inventory.

Thanks,
Manjunath

riyazpasha
Frequent Contributor

Hi@mburdak,

Can you please send a screenshot of Dynamic weeks. I think its list and you are using lookup for list property.

If you can send me the screenshot of like how you have configured previous week that would help.

Thanks

mburdak
Contributor

当然这里的网格视图:

mburdak_0-1650537679015.png

and the properties tab:

mburdak_1-1650537709494.png

I have used the code itself but you can also create a property called Week Number to do this calculation if you need code for something else.

Regards,

Mandeep Burdak.

riyazpasha
Frequent Contributor

Hi@mburdak,

But in my case its the dates, the logic that you have applied for the weeks is sequential but for dates any idea how to use your logic as there no pattern in dates its on adhoc basis.

riyazpasha_0-1650558981659.png

riyazpasha
Frequent Contributor

Hi@mburdak

I followed your solution and built the same logic using RANK function but when I want to lookup the Ending balance with previous ATD date, I'm getting circular reference error.

I have attached the screenshot.

riyazpasha_0-1650631807568.pngriyazpasha_1-1650631849914.png