steve
Contributor

工作区管理角色是如何分配的d why is it greyed out?

Hi

In the Administration App, what determines whether the Workspace Admin role is assigned to a user? I can't click on it - it's greyed out.

Capture.PNG

I wondered whether it might get ticked automatically if the user in question has the Workspace Admin box ticked in a model, but that doesn't seem to be it.

Thanks in advance.

18 REPLIES18

I think most of the solutions are covered, but one thing you will want to verify is that if you are the Admin for multiple tenants, you will want to make sure you are in the correct Tenant for where you permissioned the user.
DaanishSoomar
Certified Master Anaplanner

Heymatthew.mccurdy@slalom.com,

I like the thought. However, I believe you can only be a Tenant Admin in the Tenant to which your user account is tied to. In other words, visitors cannot be Tenant Admins.

@ dsoomar002 You are totally correct! In the event you have multiple accounts (i.e working in a consulting capacity), you'll need to verify that you are logged in to the correct account.
Misbah

matthew.mccurdy@slalom.com

If you are able to get into Admin Console it means you are logged in with the right credentials. There can't be any other account which he will have to use/or which he can use in order to get into Admin Console because No Person can be Tenant Admin for more than one tenant as mentioned by@DaanishSoomar

@MisbahI meant if you have multiple accounts. For example you have an account for a client you are working for Employee@companyname1.com and you have an account for Employee@yourcompany.com, is it not possible to be Tenant admin in both?

Misbah

matthew.mccurdy@slalom.com

Logically yes you may be able to do that by placing a request to Anaplan Support or your Customer Success Partner (which I am not sure if they will do it) but why would anyone want to make Visitor as a Tenant Admin.

Moreover If there is already a Tenant admin I don't see any way of making Visitors as Tenant Admin from Admin Console.

DaanishSoomar
Certified Master Anaplanner

Technically speaking yes this could be a technical explanationmatthew.mccurdy@slalom.com.

However, from my experience at Anaplan-@Misbahyou are right. Generally it is advised that Partners or even Anaplan employees not be made Tenant Admins in our Customer's Tenants. This is because this opens up a lot of grey area in terms of who truly are "data owners" and who owns the Ecosystem in the Customer's Tenant. Unless there are extraordinary circumstances, the Tenant Admin should always be someone who truly works at the Customer's Tenant.

To take this 1 step further, I know from my time in Anaplan Support, we always looked to see if the Tenant Admin or Workspace Admin giving approvals/permissions on Support cases, matched the email domain of the Client before proceeding with doing any kind of testing or copying of Customer Models. These are all generally advised from Anaplan because of the security implications that are involved when working with Client data- and this gets magnified when working with particularly sensitive Client data.

@Misbah
Makes sense. Thank you for the insight and education!

Misbah

matthew.mccurdy@slalom.comYou are welcome. Remember we learn together we grow together:) Cheers