Pilla
Occasional Contributor

Help with Anaplan model builder interview

Hi,

I have an interview with a company for the Anaplan model builder position. There might be a case interview related to model building. Any suggestions on how to prepare for the interview and what kind of questions can be expected. Please help.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES4
einas.ibrahim
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

回复:Anaplan模型构建器采访

Hello@Pilla

Congratulations on securing the interview. Your question is very broad yet I feel it's an important one. The answer will vary depending on the level you are interviewing for (Junior Model Builder, Senior Model Builder, Solution Architect,.....etc). Also, when you say Case Study, does this mean you will be asked to "develop" a model, or it is a question/answer interview.

The following is my point of view and by no means a comprehensive answer. Let's focus on what would I expect if I'm interviewing a Junior/Senior Model Builder (someone who obtained the Model Builder Certificate L1, L2, TAW):

1. 3 Anapl的主要组件是什么an model and what's the function of each?
  2. What is a dimension and how do you model/represent that in an Anaplan model?
  3. Anaplan中存在哪些类型的列表?以及我们如何使用?
  4. Why do we need to use a Numbered List?
  5. What does the ITEM() function do and what are examples when we use it?
  6. What are the differences between ITEM() and FINDITEM() ?
  7. Explain the LOOKUP() function, Give a clear example.
  8. Contrast the LOOKUP() and SUM() functions and give example.
  9. What are System Modules and what are some of the uses of System Modules?
  10. Walk me through how would you create a Time System Module, what are some of the useful functions to utilize and how would you use it to filter by time?
  11. What is a Data Hub? how do you utilize it?
  12. 在模型中实现安全性和权限访问的方法有不同的方法。列出主要3种方法以及何时/如何使用每种方法。
  13. What type of Permission Access you should use in the case of having multiple managers, each works in a different department. They have access to the whole company info but need to have access to edit/add,... for their department only
  14. How do you import a CSV file into Anaplan, walk me through the process highlighting any special considerations
  15. What are summary methods and when should we set it to NONE?

I'll continue adding to the above list as I recall more questions and I invite others to add to the list as well.

如果您不知道这些问题的答案,并且在Anaplan的任何资源(例如Anapedia,Community,Academy)中找不到它,...亚搏娱乐电子在哪里找到答案。

Best of Luck

Einas
"Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime"
Pilla
Occasional Contributor

Thank you so much@einas.ibrahim!!

This definitely helps. And regarding the case interview as far as the recruiter mentioned it might be related to building a model based on a use case. Even I am not sure about this. But to be prepared for the worst-case scenario could you please suggest some tips for preparing for the interview where I can expect building a model.
einas.ibrahim
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Hello@Pilla

Regardless of the use case, you should know how to do the following:

1. Creating clear and easy to use Dashboards (or pages for the NUX)
  2. Clearly divide your modules according to the DISCO principal
  3. Create system modules for time filters (if needed) and for Lists properties
  4. Create the list hierarchies that support the business case; know when you need a numbered list
  5. Know how to retrieve data from one module to another; there are 3 main ways:
    1. Directly - if the modules have the same direction
    2. Using Lookup - when you have a list item value in the target module and you need to access other information about the List item
    3. Using Sum - When your target module need to aggregate the values from the source module

I can't think of a better way to prepare than recreating the L1 and L2 models (depending on time) without following the step-by-step instructions.

Best of Luck

Einas
"Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime"
Pilla
Occasional Contributor

Thank you so much!! This helps:slightly_smiling_face: