Riyazpasha
Frequent Contributor

Filtering the Page Selector basis on another page selector

Hi,

I have requirement were the user will select the Fund from page selector and the Index page selector should show only those index which belong to the particular fund in the index page selector

for Ex: US fund has OD and MI mapping when the user select the US fund the user should only see OD and MI in the page selector not all the indexes

I have created a filter module with Fund and Index dimensions but I can't apply this filter in target module as both are page selector and I need that in the same view(Fund and Index on the Page selector)

I have attached the modules for the reference.

Riyazpasha_0-1654170820778.pngRiyazpasha_1-1654170835178.pngRiyazpasha_2-1654170860856.png

问候,

Riyaz Pasha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Riyazpasha
Frequent Contributor

Hi@Alexandru.Rosca,

谢谢for the Idea. I have used the same solution with some changes. In the filter module I made it as dimension less and using only 2 line items Fund(List Formatted) Index(List Formatted) . In the Input module I have created the 2 filter line items Fund Filter and Index Filter?

In this way I can have the similar view which I was expecting initially

Riyazpasha_3-1654255464574.png

Riyazpasha_1-1654255386963.png

Riyazpasha_0-1654255333234.png

谢谢everyone@ryan_kohn@m.kierepka

问候,

Riyaz Pasha

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES8
M.Kierepka
Certified Master Anaplanner

Hi@riyazpasha,

正如您所写的那样,由于它们都是页面选择器,因此您不能简单地基于另一个选择。
I'd ask myself a question why there is such need - shouldn't it be hierarchy/dummy join list then? It would help with sparsity (I assume you don't need to store something for invalid intersections), and it would help with selection/filtering.

ryan_kohn
Certified Master Anaplanner

@riyazpashaThis sounds similar to a recent post I responded to on Community. Let me know if my solution over there is relevant and helpful!

https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Anaplan-Platform/Selective-access/m-p/137184/highlight/true#M35998

Riyazpasha
Frequent Contributor

谢谢@m.kierepkafor the prompt response. I am working on the additional development on it previously its was just the Fund with only one index mapped to Fund. Now we have multiple index mapped to single fund so I have crated a new list called index.

谢谢@ryan_kohnBut we are using classic dashboard. The Fund and the Index both are separate list

Alexandru.Rosca
Frequent Contributor

Hi@riyazpasha

Hope I got your query straight. Here is how I'd do it.

1. In your index list create a property named Fund (list formatted)

AlexandruRosca_0-1654249194902.png

2. Create a filter module with 3 line items: Fund (list formatted), Index (list formatted) and Filter. See applies to - it applies to users as you need to have different filters for different end users. Also, Index is dependent on Fund line item.

AlexandruRosca_2-1654249348452.png

AlexandruRosca_1-1654249302059.png

3. Last step is to apply a filter in your dashboard. here's the final result. I would also add selective access if you want to avoid entering values outside of page selectors or make sure you remove user possibility to uncheck the filter.

AlexandruRosca_3-1654249441035.png

You can also consult this material for detailed walk through on dependent dropdowns.

https://community.anaplan.com/t5/On-Demand-Courses/Dependent-Dropdowns/ta-p/63723

Riyazpasha
Frequent Contributor

Hi@Alexandru.Rosca,

谢谢for the Idea. I have used the same solution with some changes. In the filter module I made it as dimension less and using only 2 line items Fund(List Formatted) Index(List Formatted) . In the Input module I have created the 2 filter line items Fund Filter and Index Filter?

In this way I can have the similar view which I was expecting initially

Riyazpasha_3-1654255464574.png

Riyazpasha_1-1654255386963.png

Riyazpasha_0-1654255333234.png

谢谢everyone@ryan_kohn@m.kierepka

问候,

Riyaz Pasha

Alexandru.Rosca
Frequent Contributor

@riyazpashaGlad I could give a hand. If you find that the post helped on your issue,would you mind marking it as a solution? Thanks!

rob_marshall

@riyazpasha

您的解决方案对您来说很棒,但是可以为他人提供错误的结果,因为您的选择器现在是订单项,而不是真正的维度选择器。要测试这一点,请进入仪表板,进行选择,然后刷新仪表板。现在,再去同一仪表板,选择不同的资金和索引,然后刷新仪表板。最后,在您对仪表板的视图上,只需单击“刷新”按钮,您的结果现在将渲染第二用户选择的内容。为什么?因为选择器是订单项。

There is a way to get around this, you will need to dimensionalize the "input" line items or the selectors by Users or a custom list of Users who will be using this dashboard. Then, for your filters in the module (the booleans), those will also need to be dimensionalized by Users or the custom list of Users.

Hope this helps.

Rob

Riyazpasha
Frequent Contributor

@rob_marshall

Ah I got your point.

Multiple user would be using and it should be user list driven.

谢谢for reminding the best practice of Anaplan. Appreciate it.

问候,

Riyaz Pasha