PrevContributor
Previous Contributor

Count Function

Hi, I have a line item 'country' based on which my account module is developed. These accounts are mapped to countries. I need to find out the count of accounts from each country. In the sample below, there are 5 US accounts, 2 Canada and so on. How to come up with the count of UNIQUE accounts based on each country? for the below example I want to find out only Account 1, Account 2 and Account 3 for US country . So for US the Accounts count should be 3.

Accounts Country
Account 1 US
Account 2 US
Account 3 US
Account 1 US
Account 1 US
Account 6 Canada
Account 7 Canada
Account 8 Mexico
Account 9 Mexico
Account 10 Mexico
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

接受的解决方案
pierre_kerkinni
Certified Master Anaplanner

Hi Subhayan, One option is using the average function to calculate the unique count of accounts by country (see attached screenshot). In the first module, I've assigned a value of 1 to each account/ country combination. In a seperate module, I've taken the average to help determine the number of unique counts. You can substitue average with the sum funciton if you need the total of each combination.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES15
pierre_kerkinni
Certified Master Anaplanner

Hi Subhayan, One option is using the average function to calculate the unique count of accounts by country (see attached screenshot). In the first module, I've assigned a value of 1 to each account/ country combination. In a seperate module, I've taken the average to help determine the number of unique counts. You can substitue average with the sum funciton if you need the total of each combination.
UMAMAHESH
Contributor

Hi,

I have a similar requirement.

employee.PNG

employee 2.PNG

Based on position,Dept,Employee Type & Location combination report shows the employees list. Here, I want to view the those employees count.

By using the formula from the above reply, i write formula as per my requirement.

But the formula was invalid because 'average' formula supports other than " list&Date " format.

employee 3.PNGemployee 4.PNG

But as per my requirement "position" line item format is List.

Please suggest me how to resolve the above requirement?

Can you please suggest me?

Regards,

Uma

DavidSmith
Community Boss

@UMAMAHESH

the best option will be to have a numeric line item within the employee details module with the formula 1

Then you can use that to count and average

If you need to count the number of owners, managers, create a module by Position and sum the headcount value into that module

Hope that helps

David

VIGNESH.M
SuperContributor

Hi Uma,

In Employee Module, Create 1 line ltem(Number format)

Use this Logic,

If filter=true then 1 else 0

Then take the Top level(Total) of Employee value is your Filter Count.

I have a Question,

Why do you need Position Dimesnion in your Employee module, when you already have position infomration in lIne item itslef.

~Vignesh

UMAMAHESH
Contributor

Hi Vignesh,

I am using position dimension in employee module because we need minimum one dimension in page selector of employee module. if not filter is not applying, i dont know why its happening?

In page selector i didnt maintain any dimension then filter is disabled

11111.PNG

When i maintain any one dimension in page selector then Filter is enabled.

22222.PNG

Thats why i am using position dimension in employee module.

I am sorry I dont whether it is a correct practice or not.

Regards,

Uma

DavidSmith
Community Boss

@UMAMAHESH

Did you follow my set up method from the other post

You should not need the position dimension in the employee details module

David

UMAMAHESH
Contributor

Hi David,

Thank you for your reply.

Its working fine.

Regards,

Uma

VIGNESH.M
SuperContributor

Hi Uma,

Its not like you need dimension to apply filter.

Remove the Position Dimension and Clear all filter, then reapply the filter.

~Vignesh

UMAMAHESH
Contributor

Hi vignesh,

Yes, its working fine.

Thank you so much.

Regards,

Uma