ShekharGite
Certified Master Anaplanner

Copy and Paste not working on numbered list

Hi,

I have a requirement where I want the user to select an item from the numbered list formatted line item and then copy the same item in rest of the rows, but this doesn't work and throws the error attached. The reason for this is that when I copy the item it copies the display name and not the code. Any idea how to achieve this? Thanks in advance.

17 REPLIES17
KirillKuznetsov

Try to create an additional line item with NAME() function. This will give you an ID of the element in the argument.
Regards, Kirill Kuznetsov
Planingo, LLC
KirillKuznetsov

@ShekharGiteor you can tell them to use copy across

KirillKuznetsov_0-1628518100867.png

https://community.anaplan.com/t5/On-Demand-Courses/Copying-Down-and-Across/ta-p/64275

Planingo, LLC
ShekharGite

I want the users to do this in the worksheet not in the module. Thanks!
egomez66
Contributor

I did not see an issue with copying and it worked fine on the worksheet.
When you copy, it will copy the underlying Numbered list irrespective of the display name

ShekharGite

Spoiler
Spoiler

It didn't work for me, I guess it works with numbered list if the names are unique.

egomez66
Contributor

Finally figured out his is a bug in the UX Worksheet

我复制的场景。它将警察y and paste if you have no duplicate names.

When you have duplicate display name, it strangely will just not paste.

Log this with support

ShekharGite

So the numbered list is a list of Account owners. Sales managers will only copy paste the display names, ids will be irrelevant for them. And copy pasting the display doesn't work.
KirillKuznetsov

Do you think you can use code = Display Name for your case?

This way while copy-pasting you will paste code and system will recognize an item and return the display name.

If this approach is applicable, then actually you don't really need a numbered list here in the first place. But I may not see the whole picture...

Planingo, LLC
ShekharGite

Account Owners roll up to Regions and there can be different Account Owners with same name, that's why I have to keep it as numbered list.