CommunityMember125605
Occasional Contributor

About textlist Formula

Hi I want to Textlist function.

I want to get Customers by Product List.

But I don't know how to use it.

List Lineitem
Product Customer Conbination TextList
P1 C1 C1,C2
C2 C1,C2
C3
P2 C1 C1,C3
C2
C3

Do you have any idea?

7 REPLIES7
Jitendra.Vishnolia
Certified Master Anaplanner

Hi@CommunityMember125605,

Just keep Product list only in applies to of Textlist line item. Then apply the Textlist formula at Customer list

TEXTLIST(Text to concatenate, Separator, List to reference [, Duplicate behavior])
pasting the screenshot for your reference

JitendraVishnolia_1-1652850615713.png

Hope this helps.

~Jitendra

CommunityMember125605
Occasional Contributor

Hi,@Jitendra.Vishnolia!

I could solve it!

Thank you!

rob_marshall

@CommunityMember125605

Please don't use the function TextList as it has massive performance implications, there is a reason why it has it's own Planual rule (link). Instead, why create a module that is dimensionalized by Product and Customer and use Booleans? Also, please read through this entire post on ways to get around the use of TextList.

https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Anaplan-Platform/Lookup-Sum-and-Textlist-Cheat-Sheet/m-p/53085#M820...

Rob

CommunityMember125605
Occasional Contributor

Hi,@rob_marshall.

I don't want to use text List, not boolean, Because I have to send a order to supplier.

Supplier needs Customer List per Product.

▲Supplier:S1
Order Product Amount Customer
1 P1 100 C1,C2
2 P2 200 C2,C3
3 P3 300
rob_marshall

@CommunityMember125605

Then change the code of the transactional list to be product code_customer code with amount as the line item instead of your order number. With this, you can create two line items: Product and Customer that you can figure out by using the transactional code. Lastly, create a module dimensionalized my Product and Customer.

Now you have the dimensionalized which allows you to do all kinds of fun things.

I could be wrong, but i would doubt your source system stores your customers in one field as you have below.

Rob

rob_marshall

@CommunityMember125605

或者更好的是,从你的原创文章,哟u can create a module dimensionalized by Product and Customer, create a line item that does a sum on the amount. Now you can pivot it by Product and now see the customers as well as the amount without using textlist.

Rob

CommunityMember125605
Occasional Contributor

Hi,@rob_marshall.

I know I can create module by product and customer and see amount of price.

But the point is text concatination.