denzalvin
Contributor

13.6.4 Add Line Chart

Good evening.

I am in the adding line chart in the board designer, at 13.6.4. Here is what I am getting.

denzalvin_0-1634593356639.png

My line chart is including the yearly total, when it should not be. I tried going back to the lesson of creating this view but I think I am missing something somewhere where the FY totals must not be included. I keep getting the same chart as above. This is how it said it should look like.

denzalvin_1-1634593491805.png

7 REPLIES7
anand.shekhawat
Valued Contributor

@denzalvin

To achieve this, you have to create a time filter module. Follow the below steps.

Step 1) Create a module with time as a dimension. It should be in months.

Step 2) Create a boolean formatted line item as 'Months Only'. Make the summary level as none

Step 3) Write a formula 'True' in it.

Step 4) Apply this module as a filter to your line chart from the New UX page.

Step 5) Save it and apply.

You will now see the months in your line chart.

,~Anand

denzalvin
Contributor

Thank you. But are you referring to the module creation or in the dashboard creation? Apologies, I may be confusing myself

anand.shekhawat
Valued Contributor

@denzalvinNo need to apologize mate !

So I am asking you to create another module. It will act as a filter module for your line chart.

You need to apply this filter while setting up the chart in the New UX, on the data source page. Ref below snip

anandshekhawat_0-1634645777442.png

Feel free to pop up questions if any.

~Anand

ChrisAHeathcote
Community Boss

@denzalvin

As part of the model build process you will have created a systems module called, 'SYS00 Time Settings'.

In this module a line item called, 'Forecast Months Only' can be used to filter out the full year.

Either add a filter to the saved view in the model and use this module and line item as your query or apply the same filter to a custom view in the UX.

This will remove the FY totals.

Chris
HeathcoteAndHerran.com
denzalvin
Contributor

Thank you for the heads up. Yes, I found it and went back, However, back in the dashboard, what I did is used the default view and worked within the dashboard creator to replicate the expected output.

ChrisAHeathcote
Community Boss

Excellent, I am happy that the solution worked. If you are satisfied that the solution I offered solved your problem please can you kindly mark as the solution to your query.
Chris
HeathcoteAndHerran.com
CommunityMember124327
New Contributor

CommunityMember124327_0-1641064199739.png