andis
Contributor

Level 3 sprint 1

Hi Experts,

A couple of weeks ago, I imported data into the below module.

andis_0-1615443797141.png

Then, I summarized the above data into the below module.

andis_1-1615443845682.png

I have no clue to get data PY Country and Product Family Sales in the below module.

andis_2-1615443937004.png

Please advise me.

Regards,

23 REPLIES23
JaredDolich

@andis

You're probably closer to the answer than you think. They key is to take another look at SYS03.

Here's the correct formula:

'TAR10 Actuals Country and PF'.Sales Actual[LOOKUP: 'SYS03 Account>Product Details'.'P1 Product Family', LOOKUP: 'SYS03 Account>Product Details'.'G2 Country']

让我们休息一下。

• TAR01 is dimensioned by A2 Account > Product.
  • And our SYS03 is also dimensioned by the same list.
  • We need a way to map country and product family to the A2 Account> Product list. We do that in SYS03.
  • So you can get from TAR10 the Actual Sales and bring it to TAR01 by using the SYS03 module.

Always remember that when you use LOOKUP and SUM, you have to use a list formatted line item.

Hope this helps! You got this!

Jared Dolich
andis
Contributor

@JaredDolich

I didn't see theTAR10的Actual Sales module in the Level 3 model start. How to download this module?

Regards,

JaredDolich

@andis

As part of L3, we're not told what to name our modules. In chapter 5, you should have built a module that contains the actual sales, I just happened to name mine TAR10. Perhaps you named it differently than I did. Take another look at your modules, it should be there. Look for a module that has country and product family as lists.

Jared Dolich
andis
Contributor

@JaredDolich

I assigned Product Family list and Country list in the TAR01 Detailed Sales Targets module to link the TAR10 module without the SYS03 module. What do you think?.

Thanks,

JaredDolich

@andis

That will work but it's not the most efficient way. The best way is to follow the DISCO methodology and use the system module, in this case SYS03. By putting the line items in TAR01 you are essentially calculating the same value over and over, placing a burden on the calculation engine, not to mention you'll take up more memory than necessary. By using the SYS03 module you calculate once, and the reference it from TAR01.

Hey, you're on the right track, first step is to get it to work. In L3 this is great time to explore how to optimize the model. Try using SYS03, you'll see it works great. You can use the formula I gave you above!

伟大的工作!

Jared Dolich
andis
Contributor

@JaredDolich

When I checked the below report VS Anaplan's screenshot, I saw something wrong in Brazil data below.

andis_2-1615474317352.png

And my stretch goal is below:

andis_1-1615474240259.png

Brazil data is 1 in Anaplan's screenshot.

Did you get the same result in your level 3 checking report?

Regards,

Considine
New Contributor

Thanks for the information keep sharing such informative post keep suggesting such post.

myccpay

ssicefox
Frequent Contributor

Hi,@JaredDolich

How are you?

I created the SYS14 system module. Could you please tell me if my formulas are correct?

ssicefox_0-1629466457165.png

ssicefox_0-1629466823212.png

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you.

Best regards.

Wei

JaredDolich

Pretty close. Everyone will have a slightly different answer but here's how I approached SYS14 -

• for Data? I used <> since it's technically possible the sales are negative.
  • For code you may want to add a conditional to make sure it's valid.

SYS14_1.png

Jared Dolich