Maggie
Occasional Contributor

Level 2 Model Building

Hi there,

For Sprint 3 of Level 2 model building activity (Build the product replenishment dashboard), I have forecast demand of 2,050 while Anaplan activity shows 2,005 as per the screenshots attached.

Thank you for your help.

Maggie

4 REPLIES4
einas.ibrahim
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Hi@Maggie

make sure that you don't have any overrides in the DEM03 Demand Forecast module

Einas
"Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime"

Dear community members
Consider posting your question as a new topic and not in the thread of another topic/question. This help other community members to easily find the answer they looking for and doesn't cause the original thread to be so cluttered that we can't find what we are looking for
Maggie
Occasional Contributor

@einas.ibrahimThe only filter I have in DEM03 Demand Forecast module is to override 60 to 62 which made the forecast demand increase from 2048 to 2050. I remember in another activity the amount is showing as 2050 (in activity called Review the INV01 Line Item Formulas and Summary Method settings).Please see screenshots attached.

Is it possible a typo in one of the activities?

Thank you,

Maggie

einas.ibrahim
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Hey@Maggie

I wouldn't say a typo as much as a difference in data inputted.

The DEM03 screenshot you provided was forNutzo Bar_ENin the AccountCandyateonly.

INV01 calculates the demand of the P3 SKU for All Accounts.
So there might be overrides for this SKU (Nutzo Bar_EN) in other accounts

There are a couple of ways to verify where your 2005 come from

1. In DEM03, look for the Demand Forecast for Nutzo Bar_EN for All Accounts
    image.png
  2. In INV01, Use Drill Down. Click on the cell for which you want to verify the value and either hit F8 on your keyboard or right mouse click and select Drill Down
    image.png

I don't think your logic/formula is wrong. I believe it might be due to overridden data.

Let me know if that doesn't work and we'll keep digging.

Einas
"Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime"

Dear community members
Consider posting your question as a new topic and not in the thread of another topic/question. This help other community members to easily find the answer they looking for and doesn't cause the original thread to be so cluttered that we can't find what we are looking for
JussiLi
Frequent Contributor

Hi@Maggie,

Forecast demand2050in Week 2 FY20 is correct in my opinion. The review of INV01 module shows 2050 (pic below). In DEM03 module Candyate was overridden from 60 to 62, as you said. Therefore it is 2050 and not 2048.

JussiLi_1-1596639397665.png

For some reason product replenishment dashboard activities shows 2005 for Week 2 FY20. I came to conclusion that it must be typo kind of thing and didn't bother about it. Mainly because INV module was reviewed already in earlier stage.

Regards,

JussiLi