Star
Regular Contributor

Level 2 - Import from INV05

Hi

When an export was done from Supply Chain Model->INV05-> Saved View and the file was then imported to FP&A Model, it was successful --> no errors.

However , the import from FP&A->Connect to Anaplan Model -> Supply Chain Model -> INV05 -> Saved View, the following error was encountered (related to date)

This is very strange as all things are consistent for both methods except that one was through:

1) Export a physical file and then import the exported file

and the other was through:

2) Connect to Anaplan Model.

What's the reason for this?

Star_0-1587620600498.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
filip.sypniewski
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

See, you mapped your column headers to the time.

However, as you can notice 'Line Items' is also mapped to time (highlighted in red) so this is a part causing errors.

你可以改变你救了解决这样一个问题view or mapping. Can you for example change your last selection from 'fixed line item' to 'line items'. Then line items will be mapped and you will not have any issue with mapping line items to time dimension.

Other possible solution... pivot your view and move line items to pages (since you have only one line item, right?)

Let me know if it solved the issue!

View solution in original post

filip.sypniewski

@Lkishko@Star

Just a tip, do not use 'hide', use 'show' instead. If you do 'hide', then if new line item is added to the module, it will be added to your view. That's why to use 'show' instead on Shipping Costs, then you make sure your view will stay as it is.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES10
filip.sypniewski

Hi@Star,

I think it has something to do with how you created your saved view. It says "expected abbreviated month name in date/period".

Can you share the screenshot of saved view and mapping in import definition? I will be happy to help you more then.

Star
Regular Contributor

@filip.sypniewski

Below the screenshots. For Time, I tried 'Match Names' as well and it did not work as well.

Star_0-1587631139307.png

Star_1-1587631227948.png

Star_2-1587631267287.png

filip.sypniewski

See, you mapped your column headers to the time.

However, as you can notice 'Line Items' is also mapped to time (highlighted in red) so this is a part causing errors.

你可以改变你救了解决这样一个问题view or mapping. Can you for example change your last selection from 'fixed line item' to 'line items'. Then line items will be mapped and you will not have any issue with mapping line items to time dimension.

Other possible solution... pivot your view and move line items to pages (since you have only one line item, right?)

Let me know if it solved the issue!

Star
Regular Contributor

@Filip.syniewski
Oh, I missed that...got confused between 'fixed line item' and 'line items'.
It worked. You're a star:slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you.
Younes
Contributor

Hello@filip.sypniewski

Thnaks for sharing your knowledge.I am trying to upload data in OTH01 module of the FP&A model from INV05 in the supply chain model. Every thing looks perfect. I juste have a problem when matching the location. As you can see in the source module i have Mumbai as location while in the target module i have Bombay. Is it normal ? What module should i update ? The training says that i shoudn't have any item ignored.

Capture.PNG

Any help ?

Thanks

Younes

ahrann
New Contributor

You shouldn't map by name bur rather by code as what the instruction says. Mapping by code solves this issue.

Lkishko
Occasional Contributor

How did you single out your "Shipping Costs" line item from the "Code" line item? I am trying to follow a similar saved view, but I keep getting errors when importing into the FP&A model
Star
Regular Contributor

@Lkishko
You need to:
1) Pivot the Line item to first column.
2) Right click the Shipping Costs line item and select Hide.

Cheers:slightly_smiling_face:
filip.sypniewski

@Lkishko@Star

Just a tip, do not use 'hide', use 'show' instead. If you do 'hide', then if new line item is added to the module, it will be added to your view. That's why to use 'show' instead on Shipping Costs, then you make sure your view will stay as it is.