TomQueens
Occasional Contributor

Level 2 DEM03 - Baseline Forecast

Hi,

I have recently started my Level 2 and was wondering if someone could offer me some guidance.

I'm currently working through sprint 2 but I'm struggling with the formulas for the Baseline forecast FY21.

This is what I have so far.

Baseline Forecast - IF 'SYS01 Time Settings By Week'.'1st Forecast Year?' THEN 'DAT03 Historic Volumes'.'Offset Volumes for 1st Forecast Year' ELSE 'SYS01 Time Settings By Week'.'2nd Forecast Year?' THEN OFFSET('DAT03 Historic Volumes'.'Offset Volumes for 1st Forecast Year',52,0)*1.1

Would someone help me with where i'm going wrong? I've looked at Anapedia for help, but I'm still quite stuck.

Thanks in advance.

15 REPLIES15
ElwinJongeling
New Contributor

这真的很有用!我将never expect that Anaplan allows this type of modeling.

So, Baseline Forecast of next year depends on Default Forecast of the current year, which again depends on Baseline Forecast of the current year.

So in the end, Baseline Forecast depends on Baseline Forecast in a different year, but it totally works!

faragh
Occasional Contributor

Hi Einas,

I think the following print screen is a bit confusing if wego back to the requirement, we don't need to calculate Baseline Forecast for FY21 and it should be 0 but the print screen is showing Forecast values for FY21?

faragh_0-1615658696525.png

Do we need to populate DEM03\FY21 Baseline forecast before creating the line chart view or is should stay 0?

faragh_1-1615659761908.png

Thank you for your help,

Hamed

einas.ibrahim
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Hello@faragh

In the module DAT03 Historic Volume, you calculate the base forecast for 2020, so you can use it to later calculate the base forecast for 2021 in the module DEM03 Demand Forecast
If you follow the green line you will see that the value in Week1 2021 is calculated based on the forecast in the same week of 2020 multiplied by the growth rate.

So yes, the Baseline forecast should be 0 in DAT03 but then you have to calculate it's value based on a different formula (growth)

Einas
"Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime"

Dear community members
Consider posting your question as a new topic and not in the thread of another topic/question. This help other community members to easily find the answer they looking for and doesn't cause the original thread to be so cluttered that we can't find what we are looking for
faragh
Occasional Contributor

Hi Einas,

Thank you for your helpful comments and for taking the time to reply to my questions.

Hamed

JohnnyC
Occasional Contributor

Personally, I actually thought it would be logical if "Baseline Forecast" to OFFSET "Final Forecast" instead of "Default Forecast".

For e.g. for "Week 1 FY21", it is showing as "Baseline Forecast = 59.47" from "Week 1 FY20, Default Forecast = 59.47". However, there is a "Override Forecast" input and hence the "Final Forecast = 62". So, I would have thought it would be logical to have "Week 1 FY21, Baseline Forecast = 62" instead of "59.47".

With that being said, I guess this is overall depending on the business needs to determine which is more logical!

einas.ibrahim
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

@JohnnyC

When you think about the "order of events", first we have last year's forecast then we create a base forecast to be able to build this year's forecast on top of it.
If we already have the current forecast then why do we need the base forecast?

Einas
"Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime"

Dear community members
Consider posting your question as a new topic and not in the thread of another topic/question. This help other community members to easily find the answer they looking for and doesn't cause the original thread to be so cluttered that we can't find what we are looking for