NoahBG
New Contributor

Level 1 Model Building Exam - Model Building Activity 6

Hello all,

I have been trying to work through Model Building Activity level 6 and cannot seem to understand why my lookup formula is off. I am trying to add a formula to REP04 that shows Total Salary expenses by Region and Role. The formula I am using is'EMP02 Employee Expenses'.Salary[Lookup: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Region, Lookup:'SYS08 Employee Details'.Role]but it receives an error.

How I understand it is that 'REP04 Employee Expense Summary'.Salary is mytarget和他们P02 Employee Espenses'.Salary' is mysource module. Because EMP02 does not contain Region and Role I need a mapping module/s to achieve my goal. I am trying to use 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Region and 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Role formappingbut receive an error. What am I missing? Do I need to be using a different module? If more details are needed please let me know. Thanks for any help!

Error message:Format of mapping used for lookup doesn't match any dimension of the source

Helpful reference post I believe is relevant:https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Academy-Training/Altering-Line-Item-Formula-with-lookup/m-p/88856#M...

Screenshots:

NoahBG_0-1626889409586.png

NoahBG_1-1626889438245.png

NoahBG_2-1626889453860.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

接受的解决方案
JaredDolich

Re: Level 1 Model Building Exam - Model Building Activity 6

@NoahBG

Oh, so, so close. You used LOOKUP. Try using SUM instead. Your logic is flawless. Just the wrong function. You got this!

'EMP02 Employee Expenses'.Salary[SUM: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Region, SUM: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Role]

Jared Dolich

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES3
JaredDolich

@NoahBG

Oh, so, so close. You used LOOKUP. Try using SUM instead. Your logic is flawless. Just the wrong function. You got this!

'EMP02 Employee Expenses'.Salary[SUM: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Region, SUM: 'SYS08 Employee Details'.Role]

Jared Dolich

View solution in original post

NoahBG
New Contributor

@JaredDolich

Thank you so much! I tried using SUM twice but must have had some kind of typo. It is working now. I appreciate the help and encouragement!

For those referencing the post in the future. My end working formula is below:

aykcos
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I have set up formula for Salary without having a problem. But I am facing with the problem with finding correct formula for other line items in this model like "Bonus", "Car Costs", Phone Costs" and "Medical Benefit".

Lookup function does not work in this module because of dimensions mismatch. But SUM function does not work also.

Any hint for this please?