ateodore
New Contributor

Level 1 MB Exam: Activity 4 and 5

Hello fellow Anaplanners!

I've been stuck on this part of the Level 1 MB exam for the past day and I have no idea how to fix what's going on. I imported the Employee Details by Role.txt file into the data and the list seems to work fine, although there is no parent (which is most likely the issue) and the transfer of the data into SYS08 Employee Details and it looks fine to me. I also imported the Employee Drivers by Role.csv file into EMP03 Drivers by Role and again it looks good to me. Then I started typing the formula to update the line items for EMP02 and I got the error located in the error file.

If anyone could help me identify what the problem is, that would be such a relief as I have checked everything multiple times and couldn't find a solution.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gourav1kumar
Frequent Contributor

Re: Level 1 MB Exam: Activity 4 and 5

@ateodore

Try this:

Delete the entire Parent column in Roles.csv file and save it.

Then delete the Roles list in the model and recreate the Roles list. Next import the Roles file (leave parent field blank).

Then give All Roles in configure tab.

And then try the formula

- Gourav

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES4
gourav1kumar
Frequent Contributor

Hi@ateodore

When you import Roles, at the time of mapping keep the Parent field blank.

Later go to Configure tab and at the Top Level Item name it All Roles

Then you put the formula and check.

- Gourav

Praveen37
New Contributor

im dtRe: Level 1 MB Exam: Activity 4 and 5

please let me know if you can help or resolve issues relate to activity level 1 exam

ateodore
New Contributor

@gourav1kumar

I was able to import the data without a parent and then assigned the "All Roles" as the top-level, but I've now run into a new error when typing the formula, as shown in the file. Is there a way around this?

gourav1kumar
Frequent Contributor

@ateodore

Try this:

Delete the entire Parent column in Roles.csv file and save it.

Then delete the Roles list in the model and recreate the Roles list. Next import the Roles file (leave parent field blank).

Then give All Roles in configure tab.

And then try the formula

- Gourav

View solution in original post